Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy New Year; the latest addition to our P-car family

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
mxk116 is on a distinguished roadmxk116 is on a distinguished roadmxk116 is on a distinguished roadmxk116 is on a distinguished roadmxk116 is on a distinguished road
Happy New Year; the latest addition to our P-car family

I remember first seeing the Porsche 959 concept car in 1983. I was taken by the quirky functional styling and the balls-to-the-wall application of technology to every (at the time) imaginable facet of the car. It was the beginning of my infatuation for Porsche cars that blossomed into all out lust and enduring love.

My favorites became the 993-generation, particularly the turbo cars. The 993 TT derived much of its greatness from the technological neurosis of the 959. That combined with the instantly recognizable styling of the 993 created one of the legendary forms of modern automobile design; truly iconic. I was never as enamored stylistically with the 996 series although they are exceptional automobiles in every sense of the word. For me they just never held the appeal of the 993 that preceded it.

Fast forward 3 Boxsters, 1 Cayenne, 1 993TT and 1 993TTS later to the purchase of a 2009 997.2 Carrera 4 with the PDK transmission for my wife. Wow, I was smitten by the 997-generation Porsche as I was by the 993. So smitten in fact that from the moment we drove the Carrera 4 I plotted how I was going to get a 997 for myself! Well 4 months later here it is in all its black and orange exuberance, the apex of normally aspirated Porsche street car production, our new (to us) 2007 GT3 RS. Need less to say we are quite happy with the addition although driving it any significant amount of time in NE Ohio this time of year is unlikely (we awoke this morning to 6" of new snow). It already is growing on me and we can’t wait to get it to Mid Ohio in the Spring. Here’s to a Happy New Year!

Whew!

Old 12-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to TS! Beautiful cars and garage you have.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:05 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Talk about an introduction! Welcome to the TEAM, you will fit right in!

PS - love the turbo S, Zenith blue?

Old 12-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
CongratZ on the RS
Love the 993

Old 12-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond repute
. Congratulations, that is a great car you just got! Look forward to hearing more about it once you get a chance to drive it.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Looks fantastic!

Old 12-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Teamspeed Member
Chris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to all
Great purchase as the paint looks perfect

Old 12-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
Great purchase. Welcome to the team!

Old 12-28-2009, 01:33 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Well good job, congrats!

Old 12-28-2009, 01:40 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
What a beauty! Welcome!

Quick Reply: Happy New Year; the latest addition to our P-car family