Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB Carrera GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
WTB Carrera GT

Hi all,

I guess this post could double as an introduction. Name is Mike, live in LA and currently looking for a (preferably black) Carrera GT. I've narrowed down my search to these 4 cars and would appreciate any info you guys may have on them. I've been lurking around long enough to know that members here are REALLY knowledgeable about these cars.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays to all!

Mike

2005 Porsche Carrera GT, $379,900 - Cars.com

2005 Porsche Carrera GT, $369,000 - Cars.com

Cats Exotics - 2005 Porsche Carrera GT - Everett, Washington

Old 12-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute

Contact roytoy2003, he is a member here and is the main man at Cats.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck with your search...you picked a tremendous car to own !

Some musts imho ;

1) A thorough ppi at a porsche dealer that has experience working on CGT's...chiefly rule out accident history and assess overrevs and clutch thickness.

2) Make sure there is a full luggage set, the briefcase has a habit of being "liberated" and porsche will not sell the items individually...a full set costs 7k or so

3) make sure you decide between gloss black and basalt black. Basalt does not command the same premium as the 1 of 38 (supposedly) black cars. Some cars that are basalt are just advertised as black.

4) the second car you list has a "10 yr 100k mile warranty" listed as a selling point...this is highly dubious and unlikely from porsche...check into that !

Old 12-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD

4) the second car you list has a "10 yr 100k mile warranty" listed as a selling point...this is highly dubious and unlikely from porsche...check into that !

I was scratchin my head on that one as well

Old 12-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Former Sponsor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
I am not familiar with the other GT cars...BUT I do know the two I have for sale first hand.

BOTH are the very very rare GLOSS BLACK on BLACK interior...less than 38 world wide production of this combo...

I sold both of them to the current owners, both multiple repeat customers. My own CGT is not for sale, it is the even rare Black/Black with yellow belts and stitching. These cars are amazing!!

With less than 600 ever hitting USA soil, they took a dip for a bit and have now started the climb upward, where it stops I dont know.

I can tell you both cars have all service records from day one and are in excellent condition. We welcome any PPI you wish at any authorized Porsche Dealer of your choice.

One is located here in Seattle, it has straight pipes on it installed by our local Porsche Dealer and under warranty. The other is still with the consigner at his home in Florida.

Fell free to contact me directly,

roy@catsexotics.com

425-353-2287 Ext #3 Seattle

Roy Cats

Old 12-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
^ Straight pipes? That isn't VRAlexander's car is it?

Old 12-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
I think it was silversurfers? could be wrong though!

Old 12-26-2009, 07:07 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
dk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
I am not familiar with the other GT cars...BUT I do know the two I have for sale first hand.

BOTH are the very very rare GLOSS BLACK on BLACK interior...less than 38 world wide production of this combo...

I sold both of them to the current owners, both multiple repeat customers. My own CGT is not for sale, it is the even rare Black/Black with yellow belts and stitching. These cars are amazing!!

With less than 600 ever hitting USA soil, they took a dip for a bit and have now started the climb upward, where it stops I dont know.

I can tell you both cars have all service records from day one and are in excellent condition. We welcome any PPI you wish at any authorized Porsche Dealer of your choice.

One is located here in Seattle, it has straight pipes on it installed by our local Porsche Dealer and under warranty. The other is still with the consigner at his home in Florida.

Fell free to contact me directly,

roy@catsexotics.com

425-353-2287 Ext #3 Seattle

Roy Cats
Roy,
both cars have 6K miles. why is there a 40K difference in asking price?

Old 12-26-2009, 07:50 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^ w/o knowing zero on either car my guess is consignment and what the owner wants.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
spg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond repute
My previous car (Jamie's car previous to my owning it) was bought by Nick Soprano of Classic Auto (i believ thats the name of his company) in White Plains, NY. We worked a trade on something he had i wanted.
The car is mint. big time. runs perfecto, has luggage with it.
i gave it to him with 3100 miles or right there abouts.
i think he wanted 325 330 for the car.
excellent machine. i have no financial interest, our deal is done and completed.
but its a great car.

Originally Posted by bitz49
Hi all,

I guess this post could double as an introduction. Name is Mike, live in LA and currently looking for a (preferably black) Carrera GT. I've narrowed down my search to these 4 cars and would appreciate any info you guys may have on them. I've been lurking around long enough to know that members here are REALLY knowledgeable about these cars.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays to all!

Mike

2005 Porsche Carrera GT, $379,900 - Cars.com

2005 Porsche Carrera GT, $369,000 - Cars.com

Quick Reply: WTB Carrera GT