Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB Carrera GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Josh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck with your search.

Just an FYI, as I've seen it mentioned in this thread a few times. The CGT was not offered with a black interior.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thanks for the response everyone!

Originally Posted by spg993tt
My previous car (Jamie's car previous to my owning it) was bought by Nick Soprano of Classic Auto (i believ thats the name of his company) in White Plains, NY. We worked a trade on something he had i wanted.
The car is mint. big time. runs perfecto, has luggage with it.
i gave it to him with 3100 miles or right there abouts.
i think he wanted 325 330 for the car.
excellent machine. i have no financial interest, our deal is done and completed.
but its a great car.
Sorry but I don't fully understand what you are saying, are you talking about one of the cars I listed or a completely different vehicle for sale that you know about?

Josh,

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of this. Do you mean to imply that all Carrera GTs with black interiors are aftermarket?

Old 12-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Josh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bitz49
Josh,

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of this. Do you mean to imply that all Carrera GTs with black interiors are aftermarket?

It is actually a very dark grey that can appear black in certain lighting. Some people often confuse it as such.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Josh
It is actually a very dark grey that can appear black in certain lighting. Some people often confuse it as such.
Gotcha, thanks.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Josh is spot on.........Same interior, different lighting. Discussed in the attached thread:

https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/3318...-interior.html

Good luck on your search. Five years new and still a technological "tour de force".

Old 12-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
TimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RufMD
...3) make sure you decide between gloss black and basalt black. Basalt does not command the same premium as the 1 of 38 (supposedly) black cars. Some cars that are basalt are just advertised as black...
Actually, check out the CGT registery at

Carrera GT Registry

Here he lists every CGT made, color, interior, etc... He says Basalt Black (my car BTW! ;-) ) was 33 made while gloss black had 71. Don't know how accurate the db is, but I bet it's close with that level of detail.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either black. Depends on what you're looking for. :-)

FYI I got mine through Roy and Kevin (Cats Exotics) and the process went great!!

Good luck!

Tim

Old 12-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I would be more inclined to believe that Basalt was the rarer of the two blacks. When I was looking to purchase mine, I only found a handful of Basalts by comparison.
Personally, I prefer the standard black better, but it is hard to find a color that the CGT doesn't steal the show in.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Josh
I would be more inclined to believe that Basalt was the rarer of the two blacks. When I was looking to purchase mine, I only found a handful of Basalts by comparison.
Personally, I prefer the standard black better, but it is hard to find a color that the CGT doesn't steal the show in.
Your very right. Basalt is actually rarer. 41 Basalt in North America vs. 103 regular Black.

Official North American CGT Color Breakdown:

362 GT Silver
103 Black
64 Seal Grey
44 Fayence Yellow
42 Guards Red
41 Basalt Black
11 Non-Metallic Color to Sample
6 Metallic Color to Sample

Last edited by Stephan; 12-28-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Stephan
Your very right. Basalt is actually rarer. 41 Basalt in North America vs. 103 regular Black.

Official North American CGT Color Breakdown:

362 GT Silver
103 Black
64 Seal Grey
44 Fayence Yellow
42 Guards Red
41 Basalt Black
11 Non-Metallic Color to Sample
6 Metallic Color to Sample

As I suspected. Thank you for the clarification.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:13 AM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
Living in the NW and following the car community closely, I can tell you that Roy's reputation is perfect. He really takes great care of his clients on both sides of the deal. When I am ready to buy a GT3 or GT3RS next year, Roy will have first opportunity to find me just the right car and I am sure he will.

Rob

Quick Reply: WTB Carrera GT