Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions on buying a GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Pete RS is on a distinguished roadPete RS is on a distinguished roadPete RS is on a distinguished roadPete RS is on a distinguished road
Some of the comments I really don't get on this thread:

Firstly, I have owned a 997RS - sold it to fund buying a cup car, but am fortunate enough to be getting me 2nd 997RS.1 this week and still keeping the cup car.

The first 997RS had steels, and I had to replace the discs within 500miles as they cracked to the point the holes were joining up. Other than that it was faultless and a truly epic car. Far better IMHO than my MK1 GT3.

I have friends that have 997RS with ceramics, they track them all the time and they are holding up very, very well. I think they run RS29 pads, with extra rear cooling ducts and all is well. The RS I am picking up this week has ceramics. Ceratainly, when you add up the cost of replacement steel discs, pads, wheel refurbs (If you use performance friction which leave terrible deposits on the wheels) the extra cost of ceramics is marginal.

With the right set up, both steels and ceramics do a great job on track (Just not OEM discs).

You cannot compare a 996 cup car to a 997 RS - the cup car is extreme, full on and a mega race car. The RS is designed to be able to drive hundreds of miles to a track in comfort, thrash the arse off it all day long, then drive it home again in comfort. I did just that with the last one with trips to the Ring, Spa and Monza and it was epic.

Anyone thinking of getting one of these - you won't regret it. You may regret selling it though like I did

Old 12-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
Baron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to all
Originally Posted by h20skier
kojote events? sounds cool but racing is still the only way for a true rush for me now. i'll tell you it sounds like those events would be more fun with a car like my rsa so you would be slamming people in the corners and out braking everyone at all locations but doing it with a 245hp car with not a nanny in the world to play with except the Big Red Brakes

I had no idea about watkins glen..so I was just assuming 30 seconds difference with a typical poser track guy. i made up the 2:03 and don't even know how long the track is.
yea its just pure open track with decently fast cars, only gripe w/ them is they let lotus 7 type cars out with everyone else and i almost ran over a broken one last year lol, no contactr but yea i have a lot more fun with my rsa, makes u work for it , as far as the track, yea im not trying to split hairs or ne thing, just having fun lol, its a great track tooo btw, if ur ever in the northeast u should check it out

Old 12-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond repute
I say the GT3RS is the way to go. That car is awesome at least in the looks, I have never rode in or driven one but they sure look incredible and from the videos I have seen of them the performance is just as good as the looks.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the rough
I will be in LA week week after next and have set aside some time to car shop.
Anyone suggest a few "must visit" dealers? with GT3s or RSs in inventory?

Thanks again