Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 vs RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
^I don't disagree with anything you said. I was just referring to what I prefer from my limited experience for a car that will see regular "street" use (I interpret this as daily use). I don't have a weeks worth of wheel time in a GT3/RS/R8 by any means - just a few miles. I do know the Turbos quite well, however.

If I had a DD and was picking one for sunny day use... RS.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
If it's your only car and you wont track it, I'd get the regular GT3.

Miles wont kill its resale as much, IMO.
And I doubt the performance benefits will be noticeable on the street.
The differences, then, are aesthetic and being more exclusive. Worth the premium? I'd rather get the Sharkerks Club Sport kit, improve the footwork, and new wheels. Then you'll even outperform the RS for less $$.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Teamspeed Member
Baron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to all
Originally Posted by kable
Have you had a chance to drive both on the street a couple thousand miles Baron?
no, and i wouldnt, neither are in ne way street practical and all your going to discover with them are flashing lights

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
new RS has 15 more hp and shorter gear ratio.

if you cannot feel any difference compared to a regular GT3 on the track, then the problem is you, not the car.
no offense, but i guarantee you could not tell the difference on ne track, ever, i have the same opinion of ne one of ne caliper less then that of hans stuck, i can personally get a 1993 rsa around lime rock in :59.5 and i no i could not feel the difference, i promise. posers may claim to feel the difference, but its merely an illusion, hence the scrotal wash tank theory

edit: you can easily prove this btw, take ne n/a 911, ne model, put whomever's chip in it, do not tell the owner and see if they say ne thing, then do the opposite to someone else, the one with no chip will rave of the performance increase, the one with the chip wont notice, we cant all be pro drivers, thats why we chat on forums about how we wish we were

Last edited by Baron; 11-10-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:16 AM
DM1
Teamspeed Senior Member
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute
Never drove a GT3 but I've owned a RS for the last 2+ years and If you want a true sports car so that you know and feel the difference when your are driving it then the RS is it.

Its not how fast you get around on the streets, but the experience you get while driving an RS that makes it different. Lets face it, there are faster four door family cars and with more HP, but will those cars give you the same experience. NO! If money is not an issue, then ask yourself how Hardcore do I want my DD to be?

Old 11-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Teamspeed Member
kable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Baron
no, and i wouldnt, neither are in ne way street practical and all your going to discover with them are flashing lights

no offense, but i guarantee you could not tell the difference on ne track, ever, i have the same opinion of ne one of ne caliper less then that of hans stuck, i can personally get a 1993 rsa around lime rock in :59.5 and i no i could not feel the difference, i promise. posers may claim to feel the difference, but its merely an illusion, hence the scrotal wash tank theory

edit: you can easily prove this btw, take ne n/a 911, ne model, put whomever's chip in it, do not tell the owner and see if they say ne thing, then do the opposite to someone else, the one with no chip will rave of the performance increase, the one with the chip wont notice, we cant all be pro drivers, thats why we chat on forums about how we wish we were
We have those annoying flashing lights in the mid atlantic to and they are paired with these horrible sirens.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Teamspeed Member
Baron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to all
We have those annoying flashing lights in the mid atlantic to and they are paired with these horrible sirens.
lol they seem to be an epidemic in this country

Old 11-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Teamspeed Member
kable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DM1
Never drove a GT3 but I've owned a RS for the last 2+ years and If you want a true sports car so that you know and feel the difference when your are driving it then the RS is it.

Its not how fast you get around on the streets, but the experience you get while driving an RS that makes it different. Lets face it, there are faster four door family cars and with more HP, but will those cars give you the same experience. NO! If money is not an issue, then ask yourself how Hardcore do I want my DD to be?
+1 couldn't have said it better.
Any enthusiast has to drive one once before they go, you will get it.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by DM1

Hey DM1, you like the Stradale over the RS? Super quick turn in and tight as all hell. I drove a Stradale for 2k miles on Players Run in 2005 and I think I still like the RS over it. The Stradale has got to be a close second though for me.

Last edited by kable; 11-10-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:42 AM
DM1
Teamspeed Senior Member
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey DM1, you like the Stradale over the RS? Super quick turn in and tight as all hell. I drove a Stradale for 2k miles on Players Run in 2005 and I think I still like the RS over it. The Stradale has got to be a close second though for me.
I love them both! Hope I never have to choose which one to keep. They are totally different in my opinion, even though both are built on the same concept. What three years of tech will do.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Teamspeed Member
Turbo4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks folks

I still cannot decide yet, but my dealer told me Deletion of Decals is okey now.

Anyway I will do the EURO DELIVERY next year around May-July, so I still have time to consider.