Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Must See!! Brand New GT3 RSR Delivered To BBI Autosport - Incredible! [PICS]

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Must See!! Brand New GT3 RSR Delivered To BBI Autosport - Incredible! [PICS]

This is something special guys!

I went by to see my good friends at BBI Autosport - a TS Strategic Partner -today and got a suprise treat! Betim pulled up with a massive trailer and unloaded one bad ass car - a brand new factory built GT3 RSR. The car has never been started in the U.S.! The guys rolled it off the trailer and into the shop to give it a good inspection, add some special touches and get it ready for their Willow Springs track day on January 31, 2009 (for info on the track day, follow this link: https://teamspeed.com/forums/pit-sto...autosport.html). This car alone will make it a special event.

Securing a project like this allows BBI Autosport to take their race tuning division to an entirely new level. It is an exciting time for these guys. They deserve it!

This thing is one of the baddest pieces of automotive engineering that I have ever seen. When I saw them roll it off the truck, my heart rate went up about 100 beats! Everything is race spec. Well, I will let the pictures do the talking. Once again, the pic credits go to my son Oversteer.

Enjoy!

Getting the beast out of the trailer - VERY CAREFULLY!

[img]http://www.downforcemedia.com/photos/458228496_hddWC-L.jpg[img]https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/

The beast in all of its glory.

Some interior shots. Makes you want to RACE!

Some final shots.

And your illustrious photographer in the driver's seat!

If you have any questions about this car or any projects from BBI Autosport, contact Betim at (714) 843-0200.

Last edited by Barrister; 01-20-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:56 PM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
thanks for posting... Porsche spank bank pics for sure.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
Wow

Old 01-20-2009, 02:06 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
holy crap!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
holy crap!
That was exactly my reaction DJ. I couldn't believe my eyes. This is the real deal brother!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:08 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
Wow!!!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
So people buy these to go racing?

Looks fantastic!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:13 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
WOAH! Did you stick around after the prep? Did they fire it up?

Old 01-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
WOAH! Did you stick around after the prep? Did they fire it up?
No. They are going to take some time checking everything over before they start it up. They did not start it last night. I was sure hoping they would. But - as you can imagine - they are being particularly careful with this one.

Hopefully Betim will chime in here soon and give some technical details about the car and the project. He and Joey and true masters of their craft!

Last edited by Barrister; 01-21-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Former Sponsor
BBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond repute
I pulled some specs about the engine from Porsche.com

* Six-cylinder aluminium boxer engine, water-cooled
* 3,795 cc; stroke 76.4 mm (3.01"); bore 102.7 mm (4.05")
* max. output: 342 kW (465 bhp) at 8000 rpm
* max. torque 430 Nm (317 lb-ft) at 7250 rpm
* air restrictors 2 x 29.5 mm
* max. rpm: 9,400 rpm
* four valves per cylinder
* dry sump lubrication
* individual throttle butterflies
* central air intake
* electronic MS 4.0 engine management
* fuel injection
* required fuel quality: 98 octane RON Super Plus unleaded

I will let you know our plans for the beast soon, I see BBI Exhaust and removing the restrictors in the near future

Cheers

Quick Reply: Must See!! Brand New GT3 RSR Delivered To BBI Autosport - Incredible! [PICS]