Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flat Black GT2 Wrapped

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Why?

Matte black makes almost every car look cheap including this one.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
I like it.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KyzrSosa
Thank you for expanding my knowledge base. Had no idea that's what's being done nowadays.

I wonder what happens @ 140mph+ with a $hi!!y install.
You're fantasizing. No way would wind have any effect on it. Especially on a car like this.

I have seen a wrap come part way off a race boat, tho- flapping like a flag. Not one of mine - I always seal the forward edges!

Old 12-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
I don't really understand this flat black wrap thing...

Old 12-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
toddbee is a splendid one to beholdtoddbee is a splendid one to beholdtoddbee is a splendid one to beholdtoddbee is a splendid one to beholdtoddbee is a splendid one to beholdtoddbee is a splendid one to beholdtoddbee is a splendid one to beholdtoddbee is a splendid one to beholdtoddbee is a splendid one to beholdtoddbee is a splendid one to beholdtoddbee is a splendid one to behold
flat black looks sweet. maybe someday it will be an option

Old 12-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Matte black is a match from Heaven for the 997 GT2, it is the best Matte black car I've seen to date.
Agreed...

DJ- we need to get on him, Pheonix is the man

Old 12-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by jayboat
You're fantasizing. No way would wind have any effect on it. Especially on a car like this.

I have seen a wrap come part way off a race boat, tho- flapping like a flag. Not one of mine - I always seal the forward edges!
In my fantasy , I'm imagining a real bad wrap install on a car driven often @ high speeds, whether road racing, high speed contest, etc. Remember, heavy emphasis on $hi!!y install. Eventually, you will see peeling on that thing.

I'm definitely not assuming that this bad type of install was done here.

Last edited by KyzrSosa; 12-23-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
I drove my wrapped car on the Gumball (along with lots of others) and didn't have one lifting corner or edge.

If it's a sh**ty install, then of course it will lift at speed.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by silversurfer
If it's a sh**ty install, then of course it will lift at speed.
Thank you, sir. That was the original point I was trying to make. My previous attempt @ mild humor failed. lol

Old 12-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, this is really a non-issue. (call it a fantasy if ya want)

I suppose it could happen... but it is hard to imagine how...

If you have ever done a wrap then you would know that 'shitty install' would involve results such as creases, unnecessary seams, uneven trimming of edges/seams or crooked graphics. At least in my world.

it has to do with the way edges on a vehicle are done-
1- wrapped around and under the edge of the body piece- hood, door etc
2- squeegee and heat applied- once the adhesive touches the paint, air alone is not enough to lift it. (my reference upthread to the boat was meant to show that it takes something like water pressure to lift the material)

a note of reference:
Years ago a friend of mine did a test for vinyl adhesion for the Navy and applied some vinyl to the tips of propellers on an airplane that was flown at speeds over 200mph. No problems.

Quick Reply: Flat Black GT2 Wrapped