Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So whats the deal on the 2010 GT3? :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
crimsone90 is an unknown quantity at this point
So whats the deal on the 2010 GT3? :)

Hello. Welcome me to the board!

I`m currently leasing a E92 M3 and patiently waiting for the new 2010 997.2 (Maybe 998) GT3. I test drove a 997S PDK and was amazed as the handling and shifting on this new transmission but I've always been a manual transmission kind of guy and I wasn't really impressed with the speed. I also need something a little better, more raw if you know what I mean. So I've decided to wait for the new GT3. I don't want to sound like a total noob, but any info out there about it?

Old 11-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
if the PDK is anything like the DSG i'm sure it's great to drive. but my opinion is any kind of hard core race car should be a manual

Old 11-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by .:Raul
if the PDK is anything like the DSG i'm sure it's great to drive. but my opinion is any kind of hard core race car should be a manual
At least we agree on that . . .

Old 11-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
YseanY is an unknown quantity at this point
on a gt3, it just seems like it should be with a 6speed. plus, less electronics, less problems

Old 11-12-2008, 12:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
expect the 997.2 GT3 in about 10 months time with a 3.8L DFI around 450bhp a choice of 6-speed or PDK and a bigger wing it should be exactly what you are looking for

Old 11-12-2008, 01:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
first a sunroof now an automatic? what is happening to GT3s?

Old 11-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Tedster is an unknown quantity at this point
Reports are that the engine for the GT3/RS is also not likely to be the GT1 based true separate dry sump but a derivative of the 996/997 "integrated dry sump" motor. Porsche would of course benefit from manufacturing efficiencies but I am concerned given the higher failure rate of the newer motor. It may not matter for non-track junkies but for me, this is a bigger deal than the sunroof!

Old 11-13-2008, 01:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute
... and i heard that the PDK won't make it to the GT3!!!

Old 11-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tedster
Reports are that the engine for the GT3/RS is also not likely to be the GT1 based true separate dry sump but a derivative of the 996/997 "integrated dry sump" motor. Porsche would of course benefit from manufacturing efficiencies but I am concerned given the higher failure rate of the newer motor. It may not matter for non-track junkies but for me, this is a bigger deal than the sunroof!
where did you get the info on "higher failure rate of the newer motor"?

Old 11-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Tedster is an unknown quantity at this point
By newer motor I mean the 996/997 motor. No, statistics but based on reports from owners on rennlist, 6 speedonline and other boards, and what I have heard from my dealer, the GT1 based motor has had almost zero rms and other failures while the 996, and to a lettter extent the 997 version has had a history of some rms and other problems. Only Porsche knows the true percentages.

Based on the latest Panorama, although it is not definitive, it seems Porsche has made a design change to the new motor and is calling the new 997 motor a dry sump, so the GT motor seems to be history in the GT3.