Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Day Ruff

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 03:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alkyoneus
what are the specs of the car? link to ruf website?
its a one-off. i remember Mrs Ruf telling me about it, at the time it was being built.

basically its a Ruf RGT (3.8L, normally aspirated,) but with a LOT of full-on Cup car bits: the sequential tranny, on-board jacks, racing instruments and dash, etc.

there's a lot of very tiny detail work typical of Ruf. with the front turn indicators replaced by the ducts, the little "bumps" in front of the headlamps, that look like headlamp washers are actually LED's that do the indicator light duties. AFAIK, the car is still street legal after all.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ritesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond repute
Cool pics! There are some serious track junkies there. Got any more pics?

Old 10-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hesperus
its a one-off. i remember Mrs Ruf telling me about it, at the time it was being built.

basically its a Ruf RGT (3.8L, normally aspirated,) but with a LOT of full-on Cup car bits: the sequential tranny, on-board jacks, racing instruments and dash, etc.

there's a lot of very tiny detail work typical of Ruf. with the front turn indicators replaced by the ducts, the little "bumps" in front of the headlamps, that look like headlamp washers are actually LED's that do the indicator light duties. AFAIK, the car is still street legal after all.
^^^^Spot on^^^^

Just to add to the above, it is a 450hp car that wieghs in at just under 1,300kg which gives it a 0.35hp/kg ratio
That may not sound VERY impassive but on the track... WOW!!! I have not seen a “street” car go into and come out of turns so quickly.

I will try to get more on the spec...

Old 10-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Teamspeed Member
Justin is on a distinguished roadJustin is on a distinguished roadJustin is on a distinguished roadJustin is on a distinguished roadJustin is on a distinguished road
Insane car.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-22-2008, 07:08 AM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bronto
Wicked! Does this belong to Jaber or was he just testing it?
I wish but it belongs to my good friend Fawaz

I hope one day I will be able to drive it around the track it looks and sounds awesome

Old 10-22-2008, 07:49 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Condor - good to see ya man!

Old 10-22-2008, 11:36 AM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
This is, in my opinion, the best 997 walking the planet.
I think I read a thread on 6speed about it... and it is perfect... I recall it was street legal.

the whole look is just "to the point" and simple...

If I could, I would do exactly the same thing.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
the ultimate track car

Old 10-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond repute
Perfect car from top to bottom, there's not a single thing that I can point out that I dislike about it. Very, very impressive build by RUF

Quick Reply: Track Day Ruff