Notices
General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Finally Bit the bullet and snatched a benz..............

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Terraforce1
Fiat 500 Abarth is far better! I dislike Smart cars immensely. But you like it, so that's all that matters.
Originally Posted by 81911
I've not drove a 500 but it can not be worse then that transmission.
the fiat trans is a car trans, not jerky.. but the car cannot maintain speed.. i had it for 4 days.. and A had to tilt head to fit in car, and could not maintain highway speeds without it shifting back and forth constantly.. just was not a fan..

Old 08-28-2012, 04:43 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Yonder
I like it, but I love the fact you state you make your own parking spots under a photo where a Jeep said "F' it!" I am gonna drive over the curb and park this bitch in the neighbors yard.

Wilson

No one the iPad rather than phone and see Jeep is not only one jumping curbs... My bad, been drinking. But I stand by finding that funny.

I do like the A series though.
Yes I agree

Old 08-28-2012, 04:55 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Haha, that was unexpected. Congrats!

I assume Smart must have upgraded the gearbox in the last few years? Because when I had one as a rental a few years ago, it was honestly the worst car I've ever driven .... in every single way, largely because of the mindnumbingly terrible gearbox. But since you didn't mention anything, I guess it's been upgraded

Old 08-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jox
Haha, that was unexpected. Congrats!

I assume Smart must have upgraded the gearbox in the last few years? Because when I had one as a rental a few years ago, it was honestly the worst car I've ever driven .... in every single way, largely because of the mindnumbingly terrible gearbox. But since you didn't mention anything, I guess it's been upgraded
the 08 is horrrrible.

the 09 is updated.

the 12's got another update... mine isn't as good as the 12' but i've heard i can get the update done (it's just computer changes)... and then it's real smooth.. haven't gotten that far yet

Old 08-28-2012, 10:51 PM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rijowysock
the 08 is horrrrible.

the 09 is updated.

the 12's got another update... mine isn't as good as the 12' but i've heard i can get the update done (it's just computer changes)... and then it's real smooth.. haven't gotten that far yet
I'll tell you what was terrible... the 2005 model. I had the "pleasure" of using one for a few months back then. Ummm... and that's all I have/want to say about that!

Old 08-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by DBV
I'll tell you what was terrible... the 2005 model. I had the "pleasure" of using one for a few months back then. Ummm... and that's all I have/want to say about that!
yeah, they dont even have "park"

Old 11-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed's Mexico Ambassador
frissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant future
The Fiat is a piece of crap, shame you dont get the Audi A1 i ll post pics later of the A1

BTW congrats on the Smart looks fantastic!

Old 11-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frissen
The Fiat is a piece of crap, shame you dont get the Audi A1 i ll post pics later of the A1

BTW congrats on the Smart looks fantastic!
A1 is not available in the US.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Teamspeed's Mexico Ambassador
frissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Marc
A1 is not available in the US.
I know, I stated that already... a shame really...

anyway... here are some pics from the A1 intro in Mexico
Name:  A1test01.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  74.4 KB
Name:  A1test03.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  76.1 KB

after the basic models were introduces came an S-line and S-line plus models with a 1.4T engine making 185hp and lots of sporty goods, these last ones are simply fantastic to drive!