Notices
General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

My W208 430 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010 | 12:50 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
From: Waltham, MA/Vero Beach, FL/Fairfield, CT/Grosse Pointe, MI
steve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of light
My W208 430 Coupe

Thought I'd share my car with you guys. It's a 2000 Mercedes Benz CLK430 coupe(W208). It's fully loaded with Nav, integrated telephone, and everything you could think of. My father purchased the car new in July of 2000, and left it to me when he passed away when in 2008. Needless to say, I don't plan on selling it any time soon. I do plan on keeping the appearance fairly stock, but I've added K&N air filters and I have an Eisenmann Race exhaust installed. Right now I'm planning on adding Bilstein sport shocks and H&R sport springs to get rid of some of the body roll. Then I plan on adding front and rear sways.

For college(because I don't want to bring the car up here) I'm thinking about getting a W220 S-class, B6/B7 S4, E92 335i(used), Volvo C30(new), or a VW GTI(New). This is going to sound pretty snobby, but I really would rather beat up on one of these cars that doesn't mean as much to me :P

Attached Images     
Old 12-01-2010 | 12:56 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the forum

Old 12-01-2010 | 12:57 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
steve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Welcome to the forum
Thank you!

Old 12-01-2010 | 12:59 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Uh, I'd consider that car more of a beater than a B7 S4... Just get a new GTI. They're quick, look good, are very practical, and work in the snow.

Old 12-01-2010 | 01:01 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Uh, I'd consider that car more of a beater than a B7 S4... Just get a new GTI. They're quick, look good, are very practical, and work in the snow.
The reason I don't consider it a beater is that it hold a lot of sentimental value and I really don't want anything bad to happen to it. So by leaving it garaged, I don't have to worry about it that much.

Old 12-01-2010 | 01:02 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
DEfinitely get the GTI if that's the case.

Old 12-01-2010 | 01:05 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
DEfinitely get the GTI if that's the case.
I test drove one last week and I really liked it...I just don't know if it'll do the acceleration I'm looking for. My CLK does low 5's/high 4's to 60 with just the exhaust and air filters. Do you think the GTI will keep me satisfied? Do you like yours compared to your 911?

Old 12-01-2010 | 01:09 AM
Watch this space.
It's a great car. This is my second MkV - I got another because the first one was so good. I can honestly say it keeps me happy as a daily driver. Of course the 911 is much faster, but the GTI is great for most situations. If it's not enough, chip it and enjoy the wheelspin... Good luck!

Old 12-01-2010 | 01:10 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
It's a great car. This is my second MkV - I got another because the first one was so good. I can honestly say it keeps me happy as a daily driver. Of course the 911 is much faster, but the GTI is great for most situations. If it's not enough, chip it and enjoy the wheelspin... Good luck!
Oh wow, I'll definitely keep your opinion in my head when I'm making decision. Thanks to you, I'm really starting to lean to the GTI :P

Old 12-01-2010 | 01:16 AM
Watch this space.
Another big factor is how inexpensive it is... I got mine for just under $24K with DSG, leather, etc. Even a fully-loaded MkVI is $30K and you can probably do better than that by about $2K. There's not another car I'd buy for under $30K new (used I'd get an E30 M3).

Quick Reply: My W208 430 Coupe