Notices
General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

2011 Mercedes C-Class Coupe Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 09:30 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post 2011 Mercedes C-Class Coupe Revealed

"SANTA MONICA, California — Two weeks ago, Inside Line broke the story that Mercedes will introduce a C-Class coupe in an effort to lure younger buyers and battle the successful BMW 1 Series. And now we have the first image of what the two-door just might look like.
As the discontinued but very popular CLK was part C-Class (chassis) and part E-Class (price), this time around Mercedes is doing things differently. This time it has a dedicated E-Class coupe (and E-Class convertible) and it will, for the first time, have a dedicated C-Class coupe, which we're told will be a 2011 model.

The plan is to take on the BMW 1 Series, which has done well luring in younger buyers that haven't made their first million yet. Surely the very successful, high-volume and iconic 3 Series is also targeted here, but this car is a direct reaction to the 1 Series, which has proven for the first time that there is a market for an affordable (but not cheap) premium rear-wheel-drive coupe in America. A market tried before by both companies with damaging results.

Remember the 318ti hatchback from the mid-1990s and the C230 Kompressor hatchback of the early 2000s?
As the CL-Class and E-Class coupes are hardtops (no window frames or fixed side glass), we expect Mercedes to continue the body style with the C-Class coupe. However, others are speculating that Mercedes won't manage to do this at this lower price point and the C-Class coupe will have fixed rear side glass like the 1 Series, 3 Series and Infiniti G37. Power will come from a new family of direct-injected DOHC V6s, including a 3.5-liter naturally aspirated version and a smaller unit with twin turbochargers designed to take on the turbocharged BMW 135i. Expect the turbo engine to produce just north of 300 horsepower. We also keep hearing about a hybrid version of the C-Class coupe, which would use a smaller naturally aspirated version of the V6.

Then, of course, there is the question of an AMG version. Remember, we reported two weeks ago that the naturally aspirated 6.2-liter V8 that powers the AMG fleet will be replaced in 2011 with a 5.5-liter twin-turbo V8. Well, that switch includes the C63, which means the twin-turbo V8 will fit very nicely in the new C-Class coupe."

Source -->>
2011 Mercedes C-Class Coupe Revealed

Old 01-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Teamspeed Member
CoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to behold
I like the idea, however it looks awkward.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Car looks pretty good, the rear seats will be useless for anyone taller than a 6 year old... I hate the rear legroom in my c-class.

I'm more interested in that fact that AMG will be replacing their 5.5 Kompressor motor with a 5.5 biturbo. The supercharged 5.5 liter is one of the best motors put out by AMG in 20 years, IMO.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
This ought to be a hell of a car when the AMG engine is fitted but it's sure to be heavy, despite having less sheet metal.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Queen City CaymanS is an unknown quantity at this point
With the AMG package this will do well, but the Benz is built more for comfort compared to the BMW. Having owned both, I see an enthusiest going with the 1 series 9/10 times.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:33 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Its out for a long time here, around a year its called the CLC

Old 01-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Dkab305 will become famous soon enoughDkab305 will become famous soon enoughDkab305 will become famous soon enoughDkab305 will become famous soon enoughDkab305 will become famous soon enoughDkab305 will become famous soon enoughDkab305 will become famous soon enoughDkab305 will become famous soon enoughDkab305 will become famous soon enoughDkab305 will become famous soon enough
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll be waiting for the c55tt coupe in '12. I currently own an '09 C63 and have been thinking about a change. But after hearing about this I think ill just be patient.