Notices
General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Crazy mega HP project E420.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 04:02 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I'll give you an example on how expensive the Mercedes engines are the engine in my SLK55 alone costs 40,000 usd new.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
What the - !??

Originally Posted by Alex@TAGMotorsports
Sent me a PM... I would be more than happy to help you on this...

The best bet is to get a couple different things from different tuners since not everyone carries parts for that car anymore.
Wow, dude. That is BY FAR the worst advice I have ever seen written on any forum, anywhere.

Every tuner, even the guys cutting corners over there at K-mart, at least pretend to engineer their parts to be part of a larger package. These parts are tuned together, tested together, and are designed to go into a car TOGETHER. An ECU tune from one shop won't always work with exhausts and headers from another. You could get an excessive-lean condition, you could throw fault codes, you could cause misfires, you could destroy the engine.

Beyond that: most tuners, even REPUTABLE tuners, will not honor any warranties if you install parts from other tuners. I promise: this will turn into a nightmare project, and no one will be there to bail you out.

Short version: there is absolutely no way you could possibly justify going the "buy a bunch of crap and build a Frankencar" route.

Really. Bad. Advice.

Last edited by Jo_Switzer; 01-27-2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: made REPUTABLE all caps
Old 01-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Man ... this thread is just scary. CLASSIC example of "knowing just enough to get yourself in trouble".

Old 01-27-2009, 03:39 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Tell him to wake up and get over whatever it is that emotionally attaches him to that piece of junk. The W210 is one of the worst cars ever produced by any car manufacturer in the world.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jox
Tell him to wake up and get over whatever it is that emotionally attaches him to that piece of junk. The W210 is one of the worst cars ever produced by any car manufacturer in the world.
That's besides the point. You just can't argue with your emotions ... which is why I've owned three Lancia Betas.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:56 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GroupB
That's besides the point. You just can't argue with your emotions ... which is why I've owned three Lancia Betas.
The fact that you like the Lancia Beta tells me that you are a connoisseur and a true car lover, and you don't let small electric glitches getting in the way of having a truly awesome car.

The fact that somebody likes the W210 tells me that they have a serious mental disorder and should wear white shirts where the sleeves are sewn together. Driving around in it is sort of like walking around with two fingers down your throat constantly tickling your vomit reflexes. Unless the throat has vanished thanks to rust every-freakin-where . . .

Old 01-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
The fact that somebody likes the W210 tells me that they have a serious mental disorder and should wear white shirts where the sleeves are sewn together. Driving around in it is sort of like walking around with two fingers down your throat constantly tickling your vomit reflexes. Unless the throat has vanished thanks to rust every-freakin-where . . .
Epic analogy! Rep for you.