Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

Spied: BMW i8 Testing in the Snow

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Teamspeed Editor
JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!

by Teamspeed Spies

Here are the latest photos of BMW's halo car, the i8 with slightly less camouflage. The futuristic plug-in hybrid will utilize a 170hp electric motor to drive the front wheels, while a turbocharged 1.5L will channel 223hp and 295lb-ft of torque to the back, which will make for zero to 60 time of just under five seconds. Range will reportedly be somewhere around 20 miles on full electric power, which can be replenished in around an hour with a high-voltage connection, or six hours from a standard outlet.

This prototype reveals some new details not seen before, and shows that development is well underway for its 2013 debut. For the first time we can see the BMW typical Hoffmeister kink at the rear side window, as well as the real side skirts which now match the i8 Concept car. Other changes are the new position of the door handles, the sportier side mirrors and more visible kidney grilles.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
Slick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enough
I'm sick of this Hybrid SH*T.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Slick67
I'm sick of this Hybrid SH*T.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Have you guys driven a hybrid?

Old 12-13-2012, 01:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Would it really kill them to make a V10 R8 killer? Seriously!

Old 12-13-2012, 04:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enough
this thing is just horrible looking. really, its hideous.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Teamspeed Member
SpeedRob is on a distinguished roadSpeedRob is on a distinguished road
Front is all Pontiac Grand Prix.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
im in for a twin turbo V8 making 600hp in this thing