Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

Spied: 2012 BMW 3 Series GT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 09:20 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Spied: 2012 BMW 3 Series GT!

Spied: 2012 BMW 3 Series GT

Teamspeed spies are at it again grabbing a few photos of the new (F34) BMW 3-Series GT due next year. Picking up the 3-series GT moniker, the all-new BMW 3-series GT will feature the same raised seating position and ride height as the bigger 5-series GT and will also adopt a two-tier rear hatch design. It will come with both rear-wheel-drive and xDrive AWD configurations, with power coming from a range of four and six cylinder engines. Our exclusive spy-shots give a preview of what the new car will look like, revealing that it will share the aggressive new look that’s being implemented across BMW’s lineup.

In 2010, long before we shot caught the prototype today, BMW CEO Norbert Reithofer stated that his company has not canceled plans for a 3-series crossover as it’s “considered a volume builder with which we can earn good money.”

Designers have stressed the car’s coupe characteristics just as they did with the X6 and new 5-series GT. As expected, we see extremely short overhangs, pumped fenders and sporty alloy wheels. Pricing will also reflect the car’s positioning above the standard 3-series on which it will be based. Along with the still-new X3, it will give BMW a vital rival to Audi’s A4 Avant as well as the upcoming Q3 SUV. The GT version of the new 3-series will be presented at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show, ahead of the F30 sedan that will arrive in 2012.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I don't get it. Plus, every time I see a 5 series cross over thing, I throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Member
Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I don't get it either. This is another answer to a question no one asked.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
I don't get it. Plus, every time I see a 5 series cross over thing, I throw up in my mouth a little bit.
no way me too!!! lol

Old 04-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tatanko
This is another answer to a question no one asked.
Perfect!!! IMHO, this also applies to the 5GT and the X6..... and we thought the Bangle era was bad for BMW design!