Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

BMW 135i MR Edition

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 07:51 AM
MR.
Teamspeed Member
MR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to all
I tried the quarter mile drag race system inside the steering wheel on a remote industrial area...

The adrenalin in your body is almost at a maximum when you are fully putting the throttle down and knowing that the road has exits and other cars or trucks could come from left or right... :P

I made a short list of the options I want to include:

Exterior

- Engine tuning (hardware and software)
- Quad pipe exhaust system with different diffuser at the back
- New summer rims
- Standard rims glossy black
- Lowering with a suspension kits (KW, H&R or Eibach)
- Rear view facing camera
- Carbon fiber roof like the M3 (sticker)
- Front black glossy grill
- Fog lights in the front bumper
- Carbon fiber mirror cabs
- Carbon fiber front wings left and right under the stock M bumper
- Carbon fiber rear wing

Interior

- BMW Performance seats
- BMW Performance steering wheel with the little screen
- BMW Performance Short shift system with different lever
- BMW Performance carbon fiber inlay in dashboard
- BMW Performance aluminum pedals
- BMW Performance inluminating door sills
- Rear seats exit... Install roll cage with four points safety belt
- Dashboad and doors covered in alcantara
- New carkit system for my trip recording (legal thing)
- Installing better audio system
- Installing cruise control, automatic floadable rear view mirrors, automatic lights, rain sensor (I haven't got high executive the car, so I will fit it myself )

I would like to have it a bit like this one... This is the design direction.

Last edited by MR.; 01-04-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:38 AM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
^^I like the front better without a lip though. Also not a huge fan of tinted tail lights.

Otherwise, that 1er looks great, Marc!

Old 01-04-2011, 10:31 AM
MR.
Teamspeed Member
MR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to all
Yup the lip is not nice... I would skip that and the tail lights is not a definite yes or no. I am not sure if I would do that.

I found better carbon fiber lips from BMW Performance that you could be fitted to the front bumper of the car.

MR

Old 02-13-2011, 06:42 PM
MR.
Teamspeed Member
Stil stock, but first I needed to do a photoshoot before we started changing something... Hereby a teaser shot of the pictures to come

MR

Last edited by MR.; 02-13-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
MR how much do you have to spend to get the kind of power in the youtube video? How much does only a chip do to performance? Can this be done to any *35i engine?

Old 02-13-2011, 10:16 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Nice photo, Marc. Looking forward to more.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:13 PM
MR.
Teamspeed Member
@PorscheFanatic,

Simple file would give it 370/380hp, stock is 306hp. Similar performance to the YouTube video would mean a decent enhancement regarding the engine and turbos. It would something similar to what Sportec realizes on their cars. I drove a Golf R with 350hp, that is a decent increase, but also a decent price for the upgrade -> 9,000 euros. It would a complete reconstruction of the turbo setup and recalibrated engine software written specifically for the car and engine setup. If you do not do that then you will break the engine easily.

@Mtechnik,

New one

MR

Last edited by MR.; 02-14-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
What a sick car! I love it!

Old 02-14-2011, 05:35 PM
TS BMW Forums
Nice pics, MR! Good luck with your tuning.

Custom is the way to go. I'm not a fan of off the shelf piggyback sytems. The N54 can put down some serious power.

You can also damage with engine quickly with too much boost and timing. The stock transmission and diff can only handle so much for so long.

The flash tunes I like in the US are GIAC, Dinan, and ESS.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:59 PM
MR.
Teamspeed Member
First steps are taken now we need to implement it. I am not sure on what I will do regarding performance. Perhaps Alpina or AC Schnitzer or else BMW Motorsports tuning file.

More options will come arond the corner I know for sure.

Hereby some new pictures made by the photographer:

MR

Quick Reply: BMW 135i MR Edition