Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

VIDEO - Chris Bangle documentary

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow VIDEO - Chris Bangle documentary

Video: Documentary provides a peek into the mind of controversial designer Chris Bangle — Autoblog

"If you've ever wondered how former BMW design guru Chris Bangle's mind works, you're in luck. Inframe has rolled out a special documentary on the man behind some of the more controversial design elements in the BMW stable, and the site has even been so kind as to roll out a teaser video to give us an idea of what to expect from its documentary on Bangle.

Over the course of the quick five-minute clip, the designer touches on everything from his time with General Motors to the inner workings of the separate companies under the BMW banner when he arrived at the German manufacturer at age 35. Bangle also shares what he has tucked away in his own personal garage at the moment, including one very special classic"

Inframe.tv | individuals inframe - Chris Bangle

Old 10-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
This will be awesome.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
this guy practically ruined BMW's design for the last decade.

thank god he is gone. i used to like bmw.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:40 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
The BMW's I really liked where the Pre-Bangle era, I am not fond of the current style as well the new 7 series looks like a heavily facelifted 2004 7 series from the front only. The current 5 series looks like a limo version of the current 3 series.

I really liked BMW with the E46,Z8, 850ci, Z3 M Hatch, 750il from Tomorrow Never Dies etc.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
ive noticed a trend along the lines of a person ether LOVES or HATES Chris Bangles designs...i am on the love side of things...i do not see the UGLY in them...

Now I can only assume that it is because i am younger (26) and when his designs came out they appealed to me because they were FRESH.

I was not quite so attached with the pre bangle era cars because, first i was not as "IN" to cars back then and second out of the cars i did like BMW was not one of them until Bangles designs dropped

Last edited by McRae; 10-20-2010 at 07:02 PM.