Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

335 tune?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
officespace is an unknown quantity at this point
335 tune?

anyone have their 335s flashed by dc performance in los angeles... I am looking to chip my car and trying to decide between DC and GIAC

thank you

Old 03-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Not GIAC. Call the guys at Dyno-Comp in AZ, see what they have? Or Dinan.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
My understanding is a lot of people are happy with Vishnu's ProCede program. It isn't detectable by BMW's diagnostic system (they claim), and can be tailored to individual preferences easily. Or, I'd spend the extra money on Dinan's system.

Regardless of who you go with, talk to them about oil temps. I've heard quite a bit about these cars running warm, and that would be a concern of mine under a more intense engine management program.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
What Tune are they using?? I've heard good things about them all... I'm running the JB3, no complaints - but I'll eventually switch over to ESS or a Custom Map - just wanted something I could remove/re-install for dealer visits, etc.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant future
We have a 335i as a project car and we use the GIAC file... it is very very strong. Strongly Recommend it

Old 03-01-2010, 06:26 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Are you guys running Stage 2 GIAC? Supposed to be sweet, but no flashloader

Old 03-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ljg335i
^^ Are you guys running Stage 2 GIAC? Supposed to be sweet, but no flashloader
When they come out with the Flashloader I will be all over that!! Doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by Fuel&Fire
What Tune are they using?? I've heard good things about them all... I'm running the JB3, no complaints - but I'll eventually switch over to ESS or a Custom Map - just wanted something I could remove/re-install for dealer visits, etc.
I was told by DC that they tune my car on the dyno using their own software. Same way Dinan does. They have 2 in house dynos so I want to verify my results not just use a cookie cutter tune. I was quoted $600 for a tune and dyno...how much is the JB3???

They tuned my 07 cooper S but I am just doing my research.

cheers

Old 03-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by officespace
I was told by DC that they tune my car on the dyno using their own software. Same way Dinan does. They have 2 in house dynos so I want to verify my results not just use a cookie cutter tune. I was quoted $600 for a tune and dyno...how much is the JB3???

They tuned my 07 cooper S but I am just doing my research.

cheers
Yea, to be honest thats the way to go if your not worried about voiding warranty etc. The only issue is if you change your mods - then you need to re-tune. $600 is damn good too... I got my JB3 for a good deal as part of a package, but I believe the JB3 goes for under $600 without the BT cable. There's advantages to both - I prefer a Tune (GIAC, ESS, DC) over a piggyback, but with the worry of loosing my warranty I bought the JB3 to hold me over until I dont care about warranty anymore... The other advantage with the piggyback - JB3 is you can switch Maps (on the fly if you have the P3 gauge) so if you have access to Race Fuel, etc it has its advantages!!

If your in Los Angeles, you can PM and we can meet up, i'll take you for a spin in my Car with the JB3, and you can feel for yourself. As of right now I only have the JB3 installed - BONE STOCK otherwise.

Last edited by Fuel&Fire; 03-01-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Thanks for your help. From LA but out of town, when I get back I may take you up on your offer.

Quick Reply: 335 tune?