Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

I still love the 8 Series...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 09:23 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
The E31 and E30 started my love affair with BMW as a young man. Here's some good info:
www.e31.net
Review: BMW 8 Series

BMW should bring back the 8-series, make it their super car, and then produce a M8 - Audi R8 killer!

Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
Nice shot! Is it for sale?
I don't think so, but will let you know if he does!
Originally Posted by tractorcrusher
I like how the 850CSI has a "Greener days sales event" advertisement on the roof...

With 10/18mpg I don't think it's any shining example.

Originally Posted by Clubber
Great pics guys. Its great to see that I am not alone in 8 love.. I plan to own one in a year or two.

Are you sre that's a CSİ ? It doesn't have the //M Side mirrors ! Never the less a stunning example.
It's really, really clean - even the leather looks new. I'm pretty sure it's a CSi. Maybe it's a Ci though. I'll have to check next time I stop by. His has "Motorsport" on the door handles.

Here's a great shot with the ///M mirrors. I've seen pics of the e31 CSi without the M mirrors also.

And this one doesn't have the M mirrors...maybe they were an option.
1994 BMW 850CSi which won the Best Stock Award at Bimmerfest

Old 12-30-2009, 01:17 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the links Misha!

Old 12-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mtechnik

It's really, really clean - even the leather looks new. I'm pretty sure it's a CSi. Maybe it's a Ci though. I'll have to check next time I stop by. His has "Motorsport" on the door handles.

Here's a great shot with the ///M mirrors. I've seen pics of the e31 CSi without the M mirrors also.

And this one doesn't have the M mirrors...maybe they were an option.
1994 BMW 850CSi which won the Best Stock Award at Bimmerfest
Oh I see ! Must be optional on US Spec cars then cuz I know they are standard item on Euro CSI's.. Still looks great though !

Old 12-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
captainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enough
This one is mine.
The good thing about these cars is that they are old now so you can insure them as classic cars, which is VERY cheap.

Its a good car.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:54 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by captainslow
This one is mine.
The good thing about these cars is that they are old now so you can insure them as classic cars, which is VERY cheap.

Its a good car.
Nice car! Is it a CSi? Any interior photos?

Old 12-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to all
Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
saw This Stunning Alpina B12 5.7 Posted On Another Forum... What A Badass Car!

bmw ヂルピナ B12 5.7 Coupe
Love The Green & Blue Stitching

Old 12-31-2009, 03:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
aall is a splendid one to beholdaall is a splendid one to beholdaall is a splendid one to beholdaall is a splendid one to beholdaall is a splendid one to beholdaall is a splendid one to beholdaall is a splendid one to beholdaall is a splendid one to beholdaall is a splendid one to beholdaall is a splendid one to beholdaall is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jox
There are a bunch of 6-speed cars posted in this thread but I couldn't find a single one for sale. Is it super rare or was it only an option on the 840?
Here's one in Sweden for 165000 SEK. This one was recently sold from Sweden to Finland.

Dyno-results for that red CSi.

Last edited by aall; 12-31-2009 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Dyno results -link
Old 12-31-2009, 05:16 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
I have always loved the way the 8 series looks...BUT I drove an 850 a few years back and it was hands down the most disappointing car I have ever driven. I am not saying it was the worste car I have ever driven just the most disappointing because I was expecting so much more from it. The car I drove had the automatic transmission and it was very slow and the steering was unresponsive, and the car felt really heavy, which it is. I still love the way they look, I just wish the ride was better.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
so much win captain, great car you got there!

Old 01-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
captainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enough
Heres the interior.

And no its not because the only ones for sale in my area were abused or the wrong colour. I was looking for quite a while before i got it. This one is in excellent condition.