Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

Lowering E60s?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 03:46 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Lowering E60s?

... or E61s to be specific. I have one with dynamic drive and auto-leveling thingy in the back. It has the sports package but I want it a tad lower.

Just how much of a PITA is it to lower it? Can I just go out and get shocks and springs? What route should I take if I want to maintain all/most of the comfort? This is my DD and don't want to compromise too much with how it drives today . . .

Old 05-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
A buddy of mine has an E60 M5 and he did a H&R spring kit and it looks damn good. Didn't cost more than $500 to have it done and it look great. Those thing are way too high in stock trim. I'll try and dig up a pic or get one when I get back home.

The car is still very comfortable, and if it is anything like my M3 with H&R springs, then it is a little stiffer, but not that bad at all.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Don't get springs you cheap ass.

Why do you want it lower - to use it as a snow plow in the winter?

Old 05-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
^^Well coil overs would ruin the ride. If you want to be a non-cheap ass and have a race car stiff ride, be my guest.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Get springs you cheap ass.

I like it that you want it lower - so you can use it as a snow plow in Iceland.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:55 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Don't think you can lower the 518d?

Old 05-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
^^Well coil overs would ruin the ride. If you want to be a non-cheap ass and have a race car stiff ride, be my guest.
Explain...

A properly setup car lowered on a quality adjustable coilover setup should be able to be tuned to ride like stock.