Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

1980's-1991 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
1980's-1991 Suburban

Anyone have any experience with these trucks? Want to do as much research as I can on them....

Thanks

Old 07-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
cotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant future
I drove a 93 Suburban for about 40k miles, not the same platform, but feel I can comment some...

Generally good reliability, but occasionally little things would go wrong (like the turn signal not turning off when you are finished turning left, but still auto turn off after turning right). Never once not started.

If you're going to use it for serious off-road on a regular basis, you're probably getting the wrong car. The wheelbase is too long and you will table top. For regular off-roading it's fine. Good in snow/rain/etc. great for long trips. Comfy, etc.

The diesels still fetch a relative premium and can be seen for sale with 250-350k+ miles.