Notices
Classic Muscle Classic Muscle Car Discussion Forum.

Chopped 55' Chevy Suburban

Old 04-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
Chopped 55' Chevy Suburban

Figure it was time to put this in here, even though it's not really "muscle"

Got the car when I was 14, took about 7 years to finish.....still working "bugs" out 12 years later

I need to find "before" pics, thing was a pile of s**t

Old 04-21-2008, 03:28 PM
BSM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really nice
Town smoker! That is rediculous, HB.

What are you running under the hood? Love the look all around.

Any vids w/ exhaust note?

Old 04-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
that thing is killer. did you happen to catch doheny wood this weekend in dana point?

Old 04-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BSM
Town smoker! That is rediculous, HB.

What are you running under the hood? Love the look all around.

Any vids w/ exhaust note?

decently built 406" Putting down about 400/400 No exhaust vids, will have to make one one of these days. Thing sounds MEAN

Car also has a good 1300 watts of stereo in it....need to dial it in though (well actually, it stopped working about 2 years ago. Haven't fixed it because I have a lot of other bugs to work out; like the doors don't open, the rear hatch won't open so I have to fill it up through the side window, etc). Batteries are now dead and I can't get the old ones out (when we built the battery box we built it with batteries in it and now can't pull them out....so I have to get some work done).

I will soon, it hasn't been first priority because I have no where to store it since i'm in an apt and it just sits up at my parents house in the garage right now. Hopefully I'll buy a house by the end of the year and then will get all the bugs worked out so the wife and I can enjoy it more

The guy that finished it up for us (wiring, etc) burned his shop to the ground a few months before completion. He said the car was in the fire. Turns out a few weeks later we found out it was in his garage. Shady shit, just another day in the industry though

Old 04-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
that thing is killer. did you happen to catch doheny wood this weekend in dana point?
Unfortunately, I didn't. But I do go down to Wavecrest down in Encinitis each year. That's a great show!!!

Old 04-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
before pics

Old 05-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TurboChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Whoa! Never heard that one before.....THAT is crazy scandalous.....more details on THAT please...did you just yank it back or was it more involved?

Originally Posted by HBdirtbag
The guy that finished it up for us (wiring, etc) burned his shop to the ground a few months before completion. He said the car was in the fire. Turns out a few weeks later we found out it was in his garage. Shady shit, just another day in the industry though

Old 05-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by TurboChris
Whoa! Never heard that one before.....THAT is crazy scandalous.....more details on THAT please...did you just yank it back or was it more involved?
pretty much just yanked it back