Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Got my first car

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Teamspeed Member
theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Got my first car

So, yesterday, I took delivery to my first car. Yes, it may be a shock to you that I'm not 18 and still on this form, but no big deal after I tell you what I just acquired. My first car is a 1974 Jaguar XJ6. Now yes, it does need some major cosmetic work, but it rides fine surprisingly. It doesn't skip, or even smell, and it has a great ride. It has all OEM parts still, the original Jag engine (inline-6, 4.2 L), and it's a sweet car. It would appear that the car was made in November of 1974, and the body number is 15/10,836. The original mileage on the odometer only is about 86,140. I'm going to be restoring this over the next year, to make it so when I roll up to school, I really turn some heads. I'll keep you all posted on my progress, and the occasional pic. Did I mention I paid $0.00 for this car? In the mean time, here's what it looks like today...

Attached Images   

Last edited by theritz226; 05-20-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
congrats! the interior seems to be in good shape, but I'm sure it will be fun restoring the exterior, will you be keeping that shade of green?

Old 05-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Member
theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Yes, I plan on getting it reprinted in the same green. The wood veneer has to get refinished, but no big deal

Old 05-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by theritz226
Yes, I plan on getting it reprinted in the same green. The wood veneer has to get refinished, but no big deal
Congrats! Green is a beautiful colour for this car.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Former Sponsor
NAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats - Love the Gauge arrangement

Old 05-21-2012, 03:09 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice pickup kid!

Old 05-21-2012, 03:15 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats, I love the classic Jaguar green. The interior looks really clean and this should be a fun project.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
this should be nice when all is done.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Teamspeed Member
So we've been working on it endlessly, and we're going to keep working on it endlessly until it is running how we want it. We've come to the conclusion: British engineers thought they were superior. This thing, is definitely not your American muscle car, or even your everyday European car to work on. There is so much that we've done, and so much we still have to do. We've decided to repaint it the original British Racing Green, but we're going to change the inside color to black, because all of the interior parts that we've found for it are black. And it will just be easier that way. I'll keep you updated, and when I get it painted, you all will be the first to know!

To see what we've done, and to see what we still need to do, you can check out my rebuild thread at jaguarforums.com by clicking this => Click This!

Old 07-29-2012, 02:38 AM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
They dont make cars with guages like that anymroe. such a shame!