Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Best All-Season Daily Daily Driver Under $100k?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ogaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
Excellent option barring the fact everyone will think you like men.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
Actually, the R8 with the 4.2L V8 engine would be a wonderful daily driver. That 4.2 L engine is a proven engine, with over 10 yrs use in various production audis. I've had two, one with 260k miles and another with 150k miles still going, so you will get no trouble from the engine. Some V8 R8's with 15k miles are less than 100k. Knowing that you can get 250k miles minimum out of that motor, it may be the most reliable exotic daily that you can buy.

Im looking for one
That may be the best comment here yet and oddly enough I had not thought of the R8. Was thinking C4S, but the R8 is even better. Well played.
I actually disagree with this.

Title of thread best Daily Driver....

I guess if you go to the gym, work and lunch it works.

Go golfing in the R8? With 2 of you? Impossible.
Go on a long weekend in it. Have you seen the trunk? It's Lambo-esque.

While the R8 is a fantastic looking car. Has fantastic creature comforts. Is fast enough to satisfy sudden urges and could be considered one of the best cars made in its era it is a very far cry from a DD.

At least with a Porsche 911 you can go do stuff while I still don't consider it the best DD it's got some potential.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier

While the R8 is a fantastic looking car. Has fantastic creature comforts. Is fast enough to satisfy sudden urges and could be considered one of the best cars made in its era it is a very far cry from a DD.

At least with a Porsche 911 you can go do stuff while I still don't consider it the best DD it's got some potential.
I'll pat myself on the back for pointing ^^^ that out first.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:34 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier

I do think for someone of my lifestyle either a R8 or C4S would be just fine. No kids, don't golf and if a trip is more than two hours I fly. AWD with snows makes it a great winter car here. It is very comfortable and the GF likes it so I would take a lot less grief than another Porsche.

Beyond that it's just fairly high on the kickass scale.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I'll pat myself on the back for pointing ^^^ that out first.
I'll higher a Gigolo to pat you on the back.

Sorry if I missed your post.
You've seen my Glasses I hate thread? I can't read worth a shit these days. So I skim at best some posts. Sorry sir.
I do think for someone of my lifestyle either a R8 or C4S would be just fine. No kids, don't golf and if a trip is more than two hours I fly. AWD with snows makes it a great winter car here. It is very comfortable and the GF likes it so I would take a lot less grief than another Porsche.

Beyond that it's just fairly high on the kickass scale.
Yes without question it depends on your station in life. The R8 would have sucked this morning taking the 3 kids to school for me

Old 01-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The R8 could be a good choice. Or as mentioned before: any 911.

I don't have 100k, but if it would be around 50k than I would go for the BMW 1M, awesome car.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Teamspeed Member
HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Excellent option barring the fact everyone will think you like men.
My wife knows better.

When you live in Minneapolis, and have more than one guy friend (you started) to haul around, you drive an SUV (winter).

This is 'the' SUV to own if you care a lick about performance (and don't need to show everyone how much money you have - read CTT).

Old 01-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by KristofD10
The R8 could be a good choice. Or as mentioned before: any 911.

I don't have 100k, but if it would be around 50k than I would go for the BMW 1M, awesome car.
Too bad they are already sold out and it doesnt have 4wd.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:21 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
sold out?

no

Old 01-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HIRISC
My wife knows better.

When you live in Minneapolis, and have more than one guy friend (you started) to haul around, you drive an SUV (winter).

This is 'the' SUV to own if you care a lick about performance (and don't need to show everyone how much money you have - read CTT).

Any half wit knows that an X5M is about 100 grand...Last time i checked spending nearly 100k on a SUV is 'showing how much money you got'.

CTT bitch slaps the taste out of the X5M's mouf.

just play'n.

Last edited by STOPPIE; 01-23-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Best All-Season Daily Daily Driver Under $100k?