Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

California wants to do away with oil changes...sort of

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 01:32 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, I'd have to change mine every other day at that pace

On the other hand, I don't really like the overall tone of that article. Sounds more like a hidden eco-mentalist agenda trying to regulate oil usage than guiding the consumer over what's best for their engines. 10K miles between oil changes? For every car, in every climate and for any sort of driving? I don't care what they claim, that is terrible. You can't "over-maintain" a car, but you can sure-as-shit under-maintain it.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Are you fvcking with me right now? So you're okay with lying? Car doesnt need an oil change that often.
Dude I'm not messing with you ..Nissan maintenance is as follows .

Is premium performance, fuel economy, safety and long-term reliability important to you?
Our "Preferred Maintenance" will ensure years of trouble-free motoring and the highest resale value for your Nissan.
PREFERRED MAINTENANCE*(Every 6,000 kilometres or 3 months, whichever comes first)
Preferred Maintenance is a Nissan-recommended option that is suitable for all driving habits and local conditions. Nissan developed Preferred Maintenance for owners who want the ultimate in preventative maintenance. With Preferred Maintenance, more maintenance items are regularly checked or replaced than with either Schedule 1 or Schedule 2 maintenance schedules. Using the Preferred Maintenance schedule may optimize the performance, reliability and resale value of your vehicle.

Conditions are obviously far different here in southern ont. Remember we sometimes go through 4 harsh seasons..Mind you are winters are not what they used to be that's for sure. But our summers are getting hotter every year,which is welcomed..We used salt and sand on our road ways in the winter which plays a part in how often you should service your car.. But believe me when I say these engines that you see in sentra's to altima's can not and will not last long in the long run if your changing your oil every 12 to 20,000 kms.. I've seen it time and time again! Even the the v6 trucks we have or any v6 for that matter. And this recommended maintenance plan is used right across north america!

Old 12-17-2011, 02:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Wow, I'd have to change mine every other day at that pace

On the other hand, I don't really like the overall tone of that article. Sounds more like a hidden eco-mentalist agenda trying to regulate oil usage than guiding the consumer over what's best for their engines. 10K miles between oil changes? For every car, in every climate and for any sort of driving? I don't care what they claim, that is terrible. You can't "over-maintain" a car, but you can sure-as-shit under-maintain it.
Exactly! Remember that car companies are part sellers! They don't care how many dealers are in your region. It's your job as an owner to sell! Period. The more dealers out there the better it is for the manufacture! Just one more dealer to buy their parts!

Old 12-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
anyone else bothered by the fact that once again the state is telling people how to conduct their lives? If I want to change my oil every month, year or never; I shouldnt have some legislator looking over my shoulder.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Banned
Manettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to all
Originally Posted by parealtor
anyone else bothered by the fact that once again the state is telling people how to conduct their lives? If I want to change my oil every month, year or never; I shouldnt have some legislator looking over my shoulder.
Yup, this bothers me big time. I thought this was a free country? Who the hell are legislators to tell us when to change oil?

Old 12-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
But, but, but.... it's for the greater good... right?

The govt. knows how to run your life better than you do.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
But, but, but.... it's for the greater good... right?

The govt. knows how to run your life better than you do.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
Big brother is just trying to appease the environmentalist. They want to sell oil man!

Old 12-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
I'd tell Nissan to suck a bag of dicks.... 3 months? bahahahaha!!

Old 12-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I'd tell Nissan to suck a bag of dicks.... 3 months? bahahahaha!!
Lol.....Hey Toyota and Honda are no different!

Old 12-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VKING
Lol.....Hey Toyota and Honda are no different!
Must be a Canadian thing. They don't say the same thing State Side.