Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.
View Poll Results: Jeep Grand Cherokee...
Go for it
68.57%
Stay away!!!!
31.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Thoughts on the Grand Cherokee

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 04:41 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
The best daily car for the middle east that copes with the weather is a Land Cruiser.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
^^ This. Got one for my 78-year-old Dad when they came out. Granted, he's hard on a truck. But it's just been a series of little things since Day One. I would love to say otherwise, but it just reinforces every stereotype of poor American automotive build quality.
Really.... that bad?
So, its "much better built" but still crapy...
I drove one and felt a world of difference compared to the 2008/9 G.Cherokee
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
The best daily car for the middle east that copes with the weather is a Land Cruiser.
I agree 100%
But its too big for the wify and possible facelift next year...

Last edited by GrayTT; 11-02-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond repute
Hate to say it because I don't like it's design, but the Evoque? It does go offroad.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
I like the Jeep. Design is good and interior looks comfy

Old 11-02-2011, 04:53 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
Really.... that bad?
So, its "much better built" but still crapy...
I drove one and felt a world of difference compared to the 2008/9 G.Cherokee
Yes, the vehicle itself is much better vehicle, but reliability and chrysler still don't go too well together. Although in my personal experience with jeeps I have not ever had a problem. Within your price range and options I think it's the best choice you have.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:26 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Tyrant will become famous soon enoughTyrant will become famous soon enoughTyrant will become famous soon enoughTyrant will become famous soon enoughTyrant will become famous soon enoughTyrant will become famous soon enoughTyrant will become famous soon enoughTyrant will become famous soon enoughTyrant will become famous soon enoughTyrant will become famous soon enough
Hani, personally i love the new jeeps.
I had an '10 GC and the the new WK2 is just so much better, i had zero issues with the '10 so like every other choice its your luck of the draw.. and the only reason i dont have the new GC is coz i like trucks more (that and the new SRT8 is overpriced imo).

But if you do decide on the GC, i'd recommend the limited, besides the saddle interior i dont see any reason to pay almost 4k more for the overland (sure it has many added options which IMO are not needed, but thats personal preference after all)
also 2 of my friends who own the WK2 are very happy with their purchase (both limited's).

btw if you liked the FJ, did you consider the 2012 wrangler unlimited? new engine (major weakpoint of the old JK), new interior and some other bits.. big improvement over the last gen IMO.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:11 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Are the Asian 4x4 common in Bahrain? Hyundai, Nissan etc?

Old 11-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tyrant
btw if you liked the FJ, did you consider the 2012 wrangler unlimited? new engine (major weakpoint of the old JK), new interior and some other bits.. big improvement over the last gen IMO.
will have to test the 2012... but dono how Yoyo and the wify will feel about it
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Are the Asian 4x4 common in Bahrain? Hyundai, Nissan etc?
Yes they are common... which did you have in mind?
Not a fan of the Hyundais
I do like the Nissan Armada but it is on the big side...

Old 11-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't personally consider it.. I wouldn't buy a Jeep or Chrysler (having already owned both).. Did you consider the Cadillac SRX? I test drove the new ones and they are pretty slick..

If not German, go for a Sequoia

Old 11-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
what about the RR Evoque?

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the Grand Cherokee