Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Speed Channel’s new The Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Matt is a cool dude. I hope it takes off so he can get some success out of all of his hard work.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by silversurfer
Matt and Adam are both genuine car nuts and deserve all the success in the world IMO. I just wish people would stop comparing any brand new automotive show to Top Gear. Kind of like comparing a rookie player to a seasoned vet. Just not apples to apples.
It's pretty difficult NOT to compare it to Top Gear. I understand that it's its own show, but at the same time it seemed to copy the Top Gear model with a chat of automotive news, a silly group bonding competition, and reviewing a higher end car with an unusual measuring stick (racing a gt3rs vs. an airplane), etc. It wasn't exactly original and looking to make its own niche in my opinion.

Love it, like it, or hate it...it won't be around next year.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think I could stand Adam corolla's voice for an hour. He looks/talks like Gilbert Godfrey and norm macdonald's love child.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I think that it was Top Gear but should have been more Top Gear.

In the end Top Gear creates lamp and if you don't Top Gear then you might as well just sleep with the Top Gear.

So stop comparing everything to Top Gear. Go Top Gear yourself!

Old 08-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
I love the show, its 100x better than usa top gear, i think the guys are hilarious

Old 08-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Get rid of Carolla and Salley, keep the two in the middle, drop the vulgar Tirerack product placement, expand the reviews, shorten the in-studio garbage (and reformat it so it's not just a collection of 'bits'), then *maybe* you've got a show.

I do feel as though Top Gear USA is starting to gel a bit. The three guys are working well together, and I think it's about time they found their own voice, rather than faithfully recreating the structure of the British show. Top Gear is improving, but Carolla is killing The Car Show.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PMac
Get rid of Carolla and Salley, keep the two in the middle, drop the vulgar Tirerack product placement, expand the reviews, shorten the in-studio garbage (and reformat it so it's not just a collection of 'bits'), then *maybe* you've got a show.

I do feel as though Top Gear USA is starting to gel a bit. The three guys are working well together, and I think it's about time they found their own voice, rather than faithfully recreating the structure of the British show. Top Gear is improving, but Carolla is killing The Car Show.
Agreed!

Old 08-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Steve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond repute
Adam Carrolla annoys me with two things.
a: he tries too hard to make a joke.
b: his racist jokes go a little too far sometimes.

did you see the episode when he asked that mexican girl her nationality a few times, and she looked over to what im assuming was a production assistant and gave that "wtf" face.

matt farrah, in my opinion needs some professional speech coaching. When he does a review on cars, his high and low pitches dont seem natural. I almost feel like his tonality is aimed at 5 year olds.

John sally is great. He's funny, and seems to be having a good time.
the other guy (wall st journal). i like him. i dont know what it is about him that i like. but i enjoy listening to him. he's smart and articulate.

as far as top gear USA. I am enjoying the second season.