Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Speed Channel’s new The Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud of
Speed Channel’s new The Car Show

Speed Channel’s new The Car Show will premiere its first episode on July 13th at 10pm Eastern/7pm Pacific time. The show stars Adam Carolla of The Man Show fame, John Salley of The Best **** Sports Show, Matt Farah, the host of TheSmokingTire.com, and Dan Neil of The Wall Street Journal.

The show features four hosts discussing automotive news, topics, and events inside the studio. Of course it would not be a real car show without some driving as well. The hosts climb behind the wheel of high end luxury and exotic cars as well as $ 500 beaters. They also took the opportunity to interview the heros and moguls in the automotive world. Somehow this seems quite familiar to Top Gear and indeed the show is aimed as a direct competitor to the Top Gear USA show on the History Channel.

Patrick Stevenson, editor at Auto Electic, visited the taping of the first episode of the show and this is his initial opinion:

What I have seen from the pilot and the taping of this first episode The Car Show is more entertaining then Top Gear USA. Now I have only seen a few segments outside of the studio and I can say the production value has a similar feel to the high end artistic look of Top Gear. For me what makes the show so entertaining is the hosts themselves. The reason Top Gear UK is such a hit is the dynamic the hosts have together as a group. This is the critical piece that Top Gear USA lacked in the first season. The segments were great but the personalities were a bit stiff and felt forced. As a viewer I was always comparing the three hosts to their UK counter parts. On The Car Show the hosts personalities come together so naturally. The exchange of trash talking back and forth on and off camera had myself and the rest of the audience laughing.

Speed Channel's The Car Show Airs July 13th

Old 07-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Watching right now and so far, it's shit. We'll see where it goes but it's certainly no Top Gear.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:10 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Watching right now and so far, it's shit. We'll see where it goes but it's certainly no Top Gear.
A part of me was hoping you were going to say that and part of me was hoping you were going to say it was awesome. I want it to be good because we still don't have a good car show here. And I want it to suck because I still don't have the speed channel and I don't want to be missing out on anything.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
That's unfortunate. I'm recording it - I was hoping for something better.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Matt Farrah just pulled a GT3RS onto an empty runway. I'm raising my hopes slightly.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Yup, it's still shit.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:49 AM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
torrent anywhere?? or just not worth it?

Old 07-14-2011, 01:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't even bother.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
I watched it as a favor to a friend (John Salley's daughter - went to high school with her), but man it was terrible. I used to love Adam Carolla's comedy when he and Dr. Drew hosted Loveline many years ago, but nowadays he seems too desperate and orchestrated. I'm not sure why he was chosen as the main host of this show, he certainly didn't convince me of his true love for cars as he claims.

My opinion:
Top Gear UK > Top Gear USA > Car Show

Old 07-14-2011, 01:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^ Once I was listening to a local LA radio program and he was a guest.

He was asked what he enjoyed as hobbies.

He said F1 Racing and he went on to talk about why he loved the sport.

I was pretty impressed. He knew his stuff.

Then I saw him in Indianapolis in 2007 for the USGP and at both the Canadian races last year and this year.

Quick Reply: Speed Channel’s new The Car Show