Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Official: Volkswagen Golf R headed to U.S. for 2012

Old 12-10-2010, 10:10 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Official: Volkswagen Golf R headed to U.S. for 2012

GOLF R KEY MESSAGES

The European Golf R is simply the most powerful Volkswagen sports performance vehicle ever built. The car delivers the ultimate Volkswagen driving experience with dynamic handling, refined road manners and unprecedented power for a Golf. It is Volkswagen's performance halo vehicle, and at the request of VW enthusiasts, the company is bringing it to the U.S. in 2012.

Key attributes:

• 2.0L turbocharged engine with significant hp increase over GTI
• 4th generation Haldex 4Motion - all wheel drive
• Increased rotor diameter translating to improved braking
• Sport tuned ESP
• Upgraded sport tuned suspension
• 2 door or 4 door
• Manual Transmission Only
• Unique 18" alloy wheels
• Unique steering wheel
• Unique interior trim
• Exterior R model badge and bodykit
• R model shift knob
• R model door sills
• R model front and rear fascia with dual, center exit, exhaust

Source [Autoblog via Volkswagen]

Old 12-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Me likey!

Old 12-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Member
jenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura about
it looks great!

Old 12-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Kerry! is an unknown quantity at this point
I like how all the promo images show it as a DSG, do they offer it with one in Europe?

Old 12-10-2010, 10:27 AM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ View Post

• Manual Transmission Only

But the pics show otherwise? Or Euro gets a choice?

Old 12-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Do want.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Kerry! View Post
I like how all the promo images show it as a DSG, do they offer it with one in Europe?
I did not mind the DSG at all. Comparing the older and newer R is a little difficult. I liked the seats in the older one. But the newer one is better looking inside and out. Maybe if we get good seats over here (bring the recaros!) for once then it will sway me.

To be honest though I haven't really been in love with any VAG car in a while. I used to like the S and RS4's and the R32's... The S5 is nice too. But the more I looked at them, the more I noticed them everyday. Then I saw that "cocks drive Audi's"... (LOL just quoting, I don't really dislike the cars or the drivers) I just can't be bothered with them. I feel like they are too much of a committee designed vehicle. I don't get the same vibe from the 135i, which I would compare to the R32.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
After 2 Mini's and then Driving a Golf GTI there would be no choice this feels like a car not a toy...awesome if this arrives and the hatch is good for transport!

Old 12-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
DJ - I beat you to the punch... you can thread merge if you'd like.

https://teamspeed.com/forums/perform...coming-us.html

Your does have pretty pictures.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I just wish I could get the R32s with the GTI's plaid seats.