Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Considering a 2011 Infiniti QX 56

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Nice car, but the side vents on the hood would be a deal-killer for me, for sure.

Just got another Toyota Land Cruiser - a 2011. Best car in the world in that category in my opinion, but the sticker was almost 80k.
Sorry Russ, but 80k is OUT OF THIS WORLD for a YOTA! As nice as the inside of the new LC is, i think 60k is even a lil high for it....

Old 10-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
^^ No argument here Chris. But at nearly 6,000 pounds, 400 hp, and an interior that is as nice as, if not nicer than, its Lexus sibling, it's perfect for what I need.

Plus compared to the price of a new Range Rover, it feels like a bargain. I put 73,000 miles on my 2008, paid 68k for it, and it wholesaled for 41k at trade-in. In the meantime, I changed the oil every 5,000 miles, and never visited the service department. Ever. For anything. And it had been in the woods often.

For my money, the Land Cruiser is one of the best vehicles in the world, period. And the absolute best with three rows of seats.

But I think you got a great car, Green, in that QX. And definitely a great value!

Last edited by MexicoBlue; 10-27-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by IIVVX
whats done to your Z that runs 10's if you don't mind me asking?
The car is setup for the roadcourse but I'll hit the strip once or twice a year. The suspension is very stiff. Coil overs, big sways and solid bushings. Does not transfer weight for $%it at the 1/4.

Engine - Forged bottom with a stroker crank and a very slight over bore to 454ci. Mildly aggressive cam. LS7 heads ported and polished. Ported Fast 102 w/ NW 102 TB. Headers and hi flow exhaust.

RPS carbon/carbon twin disk clutch.

Dyno'd 570rwhp/540rwtq

Old 10-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
^^ No argument here Chris. But at nearly 6,000 pounds, 400 hp, and an interior that is as nice as, if not nicer than, its Lexus sibling, it's perfect for what I need.

Plus compared to the price of a new Range Rover, it feels like a bargain. I put 73,000 miles on my 2008, paid 68k for it, and it wholesaled for 41k at trade-in. In the meantime, I changed the oil every 5,000 miles, and never visited the service department. Ever. For anything. And it had been in the woods often.

For my money, the Land Cruiser is one of the best vehicles in the world, period. And the absolute best with three rows of seats.

But I think you got a great car, Green, in that QX. And definitely a great value!

See Russ, that's why YOU DA MAN! I need the car to "make me", on the other hand YOU make the car

I still can't believe Chevy and GMC get 60k+ for a pickup truck with a "fixed" shell(tahoe/denali)!

Old 10-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
The car is setup for the roadcourse but I'll hit the strip once or twice a year. The suspension is very stiff. Coil overs, big sways and solid bushings. Does not transfer weight for $%it at the 1/4.

Engine - Forged bottom with a stroker crank and a very slight over bore to 454ci. Mildly aggressive cam. LS7 heads ported and polished. Ported Fast 102 w/ NW 102 TB. Headers and hi flow exhaust.

RPS carbon/carbon twin disk clutch.

Dyno'd 570rwhp/540rwtq
You forgot the driver mod!

Eric can drive his cars. Obviously the car has the power as shown by the trap speed but he can get his cars out of the hole.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
congrats green, definetly a great baby hauler