Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Odd rush hour spy shot ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Odd rush hour spy shot ...

Saw these identical Z350 convertibles on my way to work this morning. Why does one have the model designation on the left and the other on the right side????

Do I spent to much time commuting????

Attached Images  
Old 03-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond repute
It's probably a couple with identical cars, and they did that so they can tell them apart.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
h-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond repute
you could order them with designation on either side, depending on whether you favour driving clockwise or anticlockwise around your local track. Its all to do with weight balancing.

I know the owner of these cars, he is quite dedicated. A real pain in the $%#@ when he drives against traffic on the track though.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h-bo
you could order them with designation on either side, depending on whether you favour driving clockwise or anticlockwise around your local track. Its all to do with weight balancing.
this has to be a joke, right?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by edbhr
this has to be a joke, right?
I'm the owner of those cars. Why would it be a joke? Track days are serious business, and corner balancing is certainly important in regards to performance.

When turning right I'm in the 350Z with badge on the right, and jump in the Z with badge on the left for left corners.

I gain an easy 0.3s a lap.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
I'm the owner of those cars. Why would it be a joke? Track days are serious business, and corner balancing is certainly important in regards to performance.

When turning right I'm in the 350Z with badge on the right, and jump in the Z with badge on the left for left corners.

I gain an easy 0.3s a lap.
maybe I'm learning something new here, can you show me some numbers please, a video would be great.

Quick question though, if you cared so much about the time on the track, why would you go with a 350Z and a vert at that.

the locations between OP, third post and yourself don't match too, but I could be looking too much into things.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
^^

Old 03-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
In addition to the added weight on one side, you also have to keep in mind the aerodynamics involved with badge placement. If you put the emblem on the right you will see the added weight plus added downforce. Some racers do this to balance out the weigh to of the driver being on the left side, in addition to using a slightly raised coil over on the front right wheel. The coilovers should be adjusted for ride firmness being most on the front right wheel and the back right wheel. Sometimes you can get away with using stock suspension and a right-side emblem if you install a center-locking wheel hub on the front right wheel and back left wheel.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
yeah, don't forget to fill up your headlight fluid next time you head to the track too.

I should have seen this coming.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h-bo

I know the owner of these cars, he is quite dedicated. A real pain in the $%#@ when he drives against traffic on the track though.

Quick Reply: Odd rush hour spy shot ...