Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Robb Report Car of The Year **SPOILERS**

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 03:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Robb Report Car of The Year **SPOILERS**

Just got my March 2009 Robb Report which is the Car of The Year issue. This is my FAVORITE issue of the RR.

If you are waiting on your own copy and want to remain in suspense then don't read any further!

Here is how they saw it this year.

1. Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
2. Mercedes Benz SL63 AMG
3. BMW M3
4. Porsche 911 Carrera S
5. Aston Martin DBS
6. Chevy Corvette ZR1
7. Rolls Royce Phantom Coupe
8. Jaguar XF
9. Nissan GT-R
10. Tesla Roadster
11. Bentley Brooklands
12. Smart Fortwo
13. ICONIC GTR Roadster

I liked the lineup this year. It is strange not to have a Ferrari on the list. I was suprised that they went with the fixed-roof Phantom Coupe over the Drophead and I don't understand the Smart or Tesla being on the list. But the list does give a nice look at cars in several different price ranges and use categories.

Once again the article is well written and fun. Makes you dream big dreams! I highly recommend it.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
what the hell is a ICONIC GTR Roadster?

Old 02-14-2009, 04:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by like.no.other
what the hell is a ICONIC GTR Roadster?

The engine is a work or art! and the gas cap is uber cool

YouTube - The 800hp Iconic GTR - Garage419

Last edited by alkyoneus; 02-14-2009 at 04:58 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:36 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Eh? Smart ForTwo? Is that a joke?

Old 02-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Dana what did you think of the issue?

I thought it was a huge let down compared to previous years, i felt like the entire product was half assed.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I though that it was better than last year when they let the testers write the reviews. But there was very little in terms of substance this year. I want to hear how the car performed. But all they did this year was quote the statistics. It was like they didn't really drive the cars this year.

Maybe that's what happens when there are no Ferraris in the group.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:13 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
no offense but i don't put much stock in a robb report car of the year valuation.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alkyoneus

The engine is a work or art! and the gas cap is uber cool

YouTube - The 800hp Iconic GTR - Garage419
Can't believe that I haven't heard of this. I wouldn't pay nearly $600,000, but it is cool nun the less.

On a second note, I'm not much for RReport. I think the car reporting is bullsh!t and in many case they're simply quoting a factory brochure. Its as if its written by someone with little automotive knowledge.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
no offense but i don't put much stock in a robb report car of the year valuation.
Yeah, no kidding. Since when did Robb Report know anything about cars? There is a reason that EVO exists. Properly financed, very well written, great pictures, thorough, and the guys know about cars.

With that being said, the top six of the RR lists looks pretty respectable.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I've very surprised the Scuderia didn't make the list. That would've been first on my list!

Quick Reply: Robb Report Car of The Year **SPOILERS**