Notices
Garage Forum Learn about Garage Flooring, Custom Cabinetry, Doors, Lifts, Wall Wraps & More.

Home Lift Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Best4u2Bid is an unknown quantity at this point
Home Lift Suggestions

Hello,

I'm considering buying a lift for my home garage. The ceiling height and concrete flooring in my garage can accommodate nearly every style. I'm pretty much set on getting a 10,000lb lift, but if you can convince me of reasons to look at other capacities, then I'm definitely here with open ears. I'm only interested in two-post lifts, but I'm not sure what other aspects to look at when picking out a specific model.

What are the concerns associated with purchasing a foreign lift?
What brands do you recommend for home use?
What are the pros/cons of buying a portable lift (is there a possibility of me knocking a portable lift over by physically tugging on components of a lifted vehicle)?
What kind of lift do you own and have you had any issues with it?

I'm particularly looking for a lift to use for side jobs. It won't be getting a lot of heavy use, maybe once or twice a week on average. I've been a mechanic all my life, but I've never had to purchase my own lift so I'm a relative newbie when it comes to the technical specifications. My main goal is to properly assess the cost effectiveness of different brands and models. I don't want to spend extra money on qualities that aren't necessary.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
Check out:
Car Lifts, Auto Lifts, Home Garage Lifts, Pipe Benders, Tire Changers, Wheel Balancers, Lift A Car, Professional Use - BendPak
car lift, motorcycle lift, auto lifts, automotive lift, garage lift, automotive lifts, 2 post lift, 4 post lift

You may want to search the forum over on JG for more info on two posts. There are a lot of guys that have a ton of experience with two posts in home garages and it's a frequent topic of discussion. A simple search will provide you with hours of education/reading.

The Garage Journal Board - Powered by vBulletin

Old 01-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Former Sponsor
RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm a Bendpak dealer and chose them after seeing their popularity in the hobbyist market. They have a great lift guide article here: Best Car Lift Guide by BendPak - Everything you Need to Know

Also, the lift I supplied to NWAS is now featured on the cover and inside their all new catalog!

Here are some other articles for your reference:

A Study in Lift Design by BendPak
http://www.astudyinliftdesign.com/Co...Pak-Rotary.pdf

If I can help with any questions for the factory or pricing, let me know.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Former Sponsor
RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm a Bendpak dealer and chose them after seeing their popularity in the hobbyist market. They have a great lift guide article here: Best Car Lift Guide by BendPak - Everything you Need to Know

Also, the lift I supplied to NWAS is now featured on the cover and inside their all new catalog!

Here are some other articles for your reference:

A Study in Lift Design by BendPak
http://www.astudyinliftdesign.com/Co...Pak-Rotary.pdf

If I can help with any questions for the factory or pricing, let me know.