Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The MK2 GT3 Lift System

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 03:07 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post The MK2 GT3 Lift System

Great info and pics from Mjones on Rennlist

• The system weight of all components of the Front Axle Lift System is approximately 13 lbs (6 kg).
• The lifting operation is completed in approximately 2- 3 seconds.
• Electro pneumatic function module with pneumatic compressor, pressure reservoir and
valve block unit
• PASM dampers on the front axle with additional compressed air connection underneath
• The upper and lower end position of the system is recorded by means of the pressure in the dampers.
• The pneumatic compressor generates pressure of up to 247 PSI (17 bar) if necessary. The pressure
reservoir has a filling volume of approximately 2.0 l and supplies the pressure for system operation after use of the compressor.

The system does not use an "airbag" like the Cargraphic Airlift System and has no accumulator and takes a bit more time to raise the car

Old 08-31-2009, 03:11 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
So the question is this , if the lift system is 3k + and a new spoiler is $200 or less, what's the best way to go...

I'd say either do aftermarket or just plan on a few extra lips in the garage

Old 08-31-2009, 03:28 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's a $1300 option....

Old 08-31-2009, 03:41 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
If that is the case, well worth it

Old 08-31-2009, 03:52 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I remember seeing that in some literature during my research. I'd need one steep driveway to want that, but it'd probably help for resale regardless...

Old 08-31-2009, 08:28 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
That's 6 spoilers and change.

I put almost 40K miles on the GT2, and only needed 2 spoilers.

Granted if I was more anal probably would have been more like 5.

30mm is just not a lot of lift.

If it was say, 60mm, then they got something there.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
More like 3.4 k unfortunately.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I'd save the weight and buy a couple front lips.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:57 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
hamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to behold
Well worth the money. It appears the system works much like the Ohlins system that Ruf uses. That's a 20K system.

Pretty trick stuff actually.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hamann7
Well worth the money. It appears the system works much like the Ohlins system that Ruf uses. That's a 20K system.

Pretty trick stuff actually.
But, 30mm hardly seems like it will help you avoid destroying the lower lip?

Quick Reply: The MK2 GT3 Lift System