Notices
Garage Forum Learn about Garage Flooring, Custom Cabinetry, Doors, Lifts, Wall Wraps & More.

House Car Garage Lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 06:05 AM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
XTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished road
House Car Garage Lift

Hi All,

Can anyone help; i'm on the look out for a car lifting system, (not for working on the underside) that is designed for residential houses. But I also need the system to have a sliding mechanism that moves the car once lowered about 4 to 5 meters.

Can anyone recommend or guide me on this?

xto

Old 08-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Former Sponsor
RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Are you in the US? I can assist and am a national distributor for Bendpak. They have a caster kit for their HD-9 four post lift.

Four Post Lift Caster Kit - YouTube

Old 08-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
interesting....
but why would you want to move the whole lift around?

Old 08-26-2011, 11:11 AM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
XTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GrayTT
interesting....
but why would you want to move the whole lift around?
Basically trying to get my cars in a basement, due to restrictve access the only method is a car lift.

further, due to internal layout, walls and colums etc... once the car is lowered into basement, i need to to "slide" a few meters so it can clear the restictive areas.

I am based in the UK.

The issue is not the car lift, but i need a system which automatically "slides" the car once lowered.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Former Sponsor
RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I've seen people want to park cars perpendicularly under the lift or fit it back in an alcove. Also, a project car may not be running and need moving around a shop. The lift cannot be moved with the vehicle in the up position.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
I think a moveable 4 post lift would be awesome... be able to tuck a car back into a small space in the garage or something... love the idea.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Former Sponsor
This is what you need then. Shoot me an e-mail at james.roark@indoff.com and I can get you a contact at the European division.

AeroGo Air Casters - Two Small Girls Move Big Ford Truck- High Resolution - YouTube

Originally Posted by XTO
Basically trying to get my cars in a basement, due to restrictve access the only method is a car lift.

further, due to internal layout, walls and colums etc... once the car is lowered into basement, i need to to "slide" a few meters so it can clear the restictive areas.

I am based in the UK.

The issue is not the car lift, but i need a system which automatically "slides" the car once lowered.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:39 PM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
Roak: thanks, sort of what I need. But need an automated version, where the car moves on and off thw lift.