Notices
Garage Forum Learn about Garage Flooring, Custom Cabinetry, Doors, Lifts, Wall Wraps & More.

Remodled Garage (beer lovers you'll like this)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
myacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the rough
Talking Remodled Garage (beer lovers you'll like this)

It's no multi-million dollar garage, it can't hold 37 cars, and its not underground like some other garages in this section, but for us its an awesome hang out and place to relax, have a beer, watch the game, ect. Plus we can still fit 2 cars in it!

It all started 20-30 years ago when my father began collection beer cans as a teenager. That quickly grew into signs, posters, lights, and other random beer related objects. Once he had my brother and I it came to a halt and everything was packed away into boxes in our crawlspace for the next 20 years.

Fast forward through those 20 years and after quickly filling up one side of the garage wall with bottles from his mission to taste many different kinds of beer, he set out to transform our normal 2 car garage into a beer lovers dream world.

A little info about what's inside (I'll have some more detailed pics of some signs, bottles, and other cool things inside soon)

The left wall is consumed with close to 500 different bottles of beer, not one bottle goes on the wall unless he's drank it (besides the ones from the 30's and such obviously). The rafters of the garage are filled with cans dating back 20 and 30 years, some even more, on the other side of the rafters are strings of Christmas lights which provide lighting for the garage AND the cans. Mounted to those same rafters are two 22" flat screen TVs. The right side wall is covered partially with beer steins, glasses, shot glasses, and some very special bottles of beer including a "Thank you for your support" bottle from Budweiser that only distributors received and a "Batch19:Pre Prohibition Style Lager" bottle that was used for promo but never bottled since. The rest of the right wall and part of the rear wall contain beer signs that date back 20+ years. The remaining portion of the rear wall contains a "BEER ONLY" fridge and a tool bench that doubles as a bar, complete with bar stools. Along the top of the bench are some clocks, figures, a full 6 pack of Meister Brau beer from who knows what year, a set of Budweiser shoes, and some other random things. You'll also notice along the wall two bar style high tables and chairs.

The collection continues to grow every day as he finds beers he's never tried before, signs he's never seen before, or things that just catch his eye.

If you have any suggestions on what beer to try that he might not have up there please let me know.

The man behind this...

Randy's Garage Bar & Beer Collection by jeremycliff, on Flickr

Oh yea, don't come in un-welcomed... you won't make it very far. Meet Mya, keeper of the Garage Bar! lol

Mya: Keeper of the Garage Bar by jeremycliff, on Flickr

Old 01-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome. I'd love to get wasted in that garage

Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
nice.... whats the impact on the utility bill

Old 01-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
myacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the roughmyacreative is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sinan
Awesome. I'd love to get wasted in that garage
Come on by sometime! Everyone is welcome

Old 01-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
What a fantastic beer garage! Mhmmm beer.....

Old 01-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
What a fantastic beer garage! Mhmmm beer.....

Old 01-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Sierra Tango II is an unknown quantity at this point
I love the beer can collection. How long have you been collecting? They're even in the rafters haha

Old 01-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
^^^ Read the article... lol. It's my dads collection. Some of them date back to 20-30 years ago.

All of the bottles are over the last year or two however.

I failed at spelling... can a mod change the title: remodeled

Old 01-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
that's pretty cool, thx for sharing.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Sierra Tango II is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by myacreative
^^^ Read the article... lol. It's my dads collection. Some of them date back to 20-30 years ago.

All of the bottles are over the last year or two however.

I failed at spelling... can a mod change the title: remodeled
My BadIm more visual, kinda like reading the directions after you cant figure out how to put it together.

Quick Reply: Remodled Garage (beer lovers you'll like this)