Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Noise Canceling Headphones

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Noise Canceling Headphones

Looking for a new set. I've had BOSE QC2's for a few years now and they are due for a replacement.

The QC 15's seem like a logical replacement.

I also looked at the Sennheiser PXC 450 as another option.

Noise canceling is a must. Bluetooth would be unnecessary and I have my doubts about it. I'll probably go try out both models later this week.

Has anyone used the Sennheiser headphones? Other suggestions?

Old 08-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Both the mrs and my MIL has the PX450 that replaced their B(l)ose POS.

Bose is garbage in comparison.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
I know they aren't noise canceling but I just bought a pair of Sennheiser HD428's and they are an awesome set of headphones. I honestly think that you will find them even better than the Bose set, but again I don't know anything specifically about their noise canceling sets.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
SEN HD650. You won't need the noise cancelling.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond repute
I like my Sennheisers, like everyone else has said, they're awesome headphones. I'm not much of a fan of Bose, as the adage goes "no higha, no lows, bose". Though some have said they feel the Senns are a bit harsh/bright, I've never heard that in them, and think they have a much fuller sound than most headphones priced similarly.

Either way, go try out a few pairs of Sennheisers, you will probably like them. They sound great, are the most comfortable headphones I've owned, and generally aren't ridiculously expensive.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Talk to Mike @ Sound Earphones he is the Guru and a Board Sponsor. He has never steered me wrong.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I hear string and 2 cans work pretty well.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
i mow on a ZTR in a $40 set from best buy. they work well...

Old 08-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Sennheisers have good "closed" earphones - type that into google for passive noise cancelling earphones. Open & Active noise cancelling earphones tend to let your music out to people around you - closed less so.

I'm plenty happy with my 280 HD's, but they're kind of delicate. Easily under budget compared to what you're considering.

The passive noise cancelling is enough for me - I can't hear people talking to me if I turn my iPod to half volume. Similar for airplane engine noise. Have to turn to 3/4 or more to cancel out lawn mower noise though.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I prefer the Sennheiser Bluetooth noise canceling model. When you're on a plane you don't notice difference between bluetooth and wired. Also you can connect a wire and get the more authentic Sennheiser sound, vs the Bose sound.

Quick Reply: Noise Canceling Headphones