Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

SoundEarphones Review: Klipsch S5i RUGGED Earphones

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Former Sponsor
SoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond repute
SoundEarphones Review: Klipsch S5i RUGGED Earphones

KLIPSCH S5I RUGGED Earphones

The Klipsch S5i Rugged are outstanding. No really, they are! A big problem with in-ear earphones is the intrusiveness of having something inside your ear. Because of this, I personally prefer headphones; however, these headphones are so comfortable you don’t even realize they are there. These headphones are very attractive to those who need a solid pair of earphones. By solid, I mean they do not plan on buying another pair ever again.

To test these, I decided to use them for the whole day. I began with my morning run and was very shocked to learn that these did not get cold in the 15 degree weather. What was even more surprising was how well they sealed in my ear thanks to the ear tips. Listening to some 80’s hairband rock (to fire me up to run), I completely missed the siren of a passing ambulance over the tune Hungry Like a Wolf. What I really appreciated with these headphones was the volume control on the cord. The buttons are very large and clearly marked, so I didn’t have to fumble to try to turn my music down when I needed to. After my run, I headed over for some coffee at the Bow Tie Cafe while I finished some designs. Having switched my music to a great soundtrack of classical tunes, I was able to really zone out into the music. The classical music is always a listening experience with higher-end earphones because the wide variety of sounds truly push the highs & lows of the devices. Once again, I appreciated the great seal by the earphones as normally a blaring espresso would ruin any song. On the techy side, the dual magnet motor structures allowed for powerful bass and really low distortion. The S5i Ruggeds have the high quality sound that you can expect from Klipsch. To make a long story short, these earphones are perfect for everyday use. The cord on these headphones is incredibly reliable, which is a problem I’ve run into while snowboarding. Sure they won’t pack the same punch as a full sized set of headphones, but if you are looking for a quality pair of earphones that play nicely with your iphone & ipod then you should really check these out.

Click here to order the Klipsch S5i Earphones today!

Old 07-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
Where are the horns? 1 watt / 100db.... =)

Old 07-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
the Klipsch silicone rubber is super comfy in the ear. best design I've tried yet.