Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Decent Plasma HDTVs

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
2010-16M is an unknown quantity at this point
Decent Plasma HDTVs

Can anyone recommend any good ones out there? Panasonic seems to be coming out with a new VT30 series but nothing smaller than a 55' inch model.

Thanks.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond repute
It seems like the plasma segment has become even more strictly high end than it used to be, meaning most of the really good options are those huge TVs (I can't recall seeing any smaller plasmas while going through local audio/video stores).

You may want to look into an LED/LCD option (though you would sacrifice a little bit of picture quality to a plasma).

Old 05-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
samsung is not bad for plasma, pana would be the best since they where working with pioneer before they got out of the market. If you can find a used pioneer that would be your best bet they are still the best out there.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M-Individual
samsung is not bad for plasma, pana would be the best since they where working with pioneer before they got out of the market. If you can find a used pioneer that would be your best bet they are still the best out there.
Panasonic now employee many from Pioneer

Old 05-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Samsung Plasmas are a great option. I think they still make them as small as 42"

Old 05-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Nath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to all
I'm buying LG 50PK350 next month. Cheap and supposedly very good.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Nath4N
I'm buying LG 50PK350 next month. Cheap and supposedly very good.
the 50pk550 was/is considered a great value

For samsung plasma, you can't go wrong with a 6000+ series. Also, in 50" you can get the samsung ultraslim wallmount which is a great feature, i love mine.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ridgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura about
I've got a 43" Pioneer plasma, had it a few years cost the earth when I bought it but it still knocks the socks of most TV's on the market. As a previous post said try looking round for a used Pioneer maybe?