Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Got a new Monitor

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to all
Got a new Monitor

Big improvement from 19 inches. Quick question, do I have to worry about picture burn in considering the fact the T.V is plasma? Should I ditch it and get an LCD instead or would the Plasma do just fine? I heard you don't have to worry about the burn in with newer plasmas.

Its 50 inches, I alternate between T.V and computer. Looking to pick up a Sharp 65 inch Aquos LCD in month or two.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Carb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the rough
Its perfect except for the windows......

Old 05-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Burn in maybe if you leave the monitor on for hours with no screensaver. Otherwise, no. Just set the monitor to turn off after inactive use of 30 minutes or so.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Joeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond repute
30 minutes? You're crazy Ash. If the same image stays on 30minutes it may not burn in, but consider this, when you leave it for 30 mins and then just move the mouse a little bit, you're at 60mins. A few times a day and you're toast. Get an LCD.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Joeskie
30 minutes? You're crazy Ash. If the same image stays on 30minutes it may not burn in, but consider this, when you leave it for 30 mins and then just move the mouse a little bit, you're at 60mins. A few times a day and you're toast. Get an LCD.
Burn in is highly exaggerated. Even an hour or two of inactive use isn't going to create burn in. I used to leave Xbox on by accident on my old plasma and come home after 4 hours and it would be fine. The new plasmas have their own screensavers anyways to avoid burn in so it's really a moot point.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ashokn225
Burn in is highly exaggerated. Even an hour or two of inactive use isn't going to create burn in. I used to leave Xbox on by accident on my old plasma and come home after 4 hours and it would be fine. The new plasmas have their own screensavers anyways to avoid burn in so it's really a moot point.

Not sure if you can call it a screen saver, it has a built in feature called pixel shifting which is designed to prevent the burn in problem. Basically it shifts each pixel (barely noticable to the naked eye).

Old 05-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Joeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond repute
Tube TV's were ''immune'' to burn in too. I pluged mine with a couple security cams and I can still see the doors in the TV... even when it's off.

I don't know about that pixel shifting technology. At the very least, make sure there are no static images for the first 100hrs of use. Also, maybe put the screen saver at something much lower... like 5 mins. Don't forget, that windows start button never moves.