Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

BlackBerry PlayBook review by Engadget

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 09:55 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post BlackBerry PlayBook review by Engadget

BlackBerry PlayBook review by Engadget
The words "play" and "book" are a bit of an odd choice for RIM's latest attempt at consumer relevance, a tablet that, at its core, runs one of the most hardcore and industry-friendly operating systems known to man. The OS is QNX and the hardware is, of course, the BlackBerry PlayBook. It's an enterprise-friendly offering that's also out to conquer the consumer tablet ecosphere, hoping to follow in the footsteps of the BlackBerry handsets that have filled the pockets of corporate executives and BBM addicts around the globe.

It's something of a serious tablet when compared to the competition running software from Apple and Google and, while it certainly has games, its biggest strengths are rather more boring. It does a really great job at displaying PowerPoint presentations, for example, and has the security chops to keep last quarter's dismal sales figures from falling into the wrong hands. Exciting stuff? No, but useful features for sure, and regardless of whether you find those intriguing or boring this is RIM's seven-inch, Flash-having but 3G-lacking tablet clad in an unassuming but extremely sophisticated exterior. It's what's running behind the glass that disappoints.
Follow for the rest and the video: BlackBerry PlayBook review -- Engadget

Old 04-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
After playing with a buddy's iPad, if a tablet doesn't come with Angry Birds already installed, I'm not interested.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
After playing with a buddy's iPad, if a tablet doesn't come with Angry Birds already installed, I'm not interested.
I think most of the world will agree with you. Blackberry still hasn't figured out that whole "diffusion of innovations" thing, and they'll keep struggling to reach business clients who would rather easily play Angry Birds 90% of the time and struggle through work BS 10%.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Tarek307 is on a distinguished roadTarek307 is on a distinguished roadTarek307 is on a distinguished roadTarek307 is on a distinguished roadTarek307 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GroupB
I think most of the world will agree with you. Blackberry still hasn't figured out that whole "diffusion of innovations" thing, and they'll keep struggling to reach business clients who would rather easily play Angry Birds 90% of the time and struggle through work BS 10%.
The thing about RIM is they are more geared towards "Business" and if they try to go the route that Samsung for example has taken & act like an Apple Product, they will lose...So i believe they are walking a fine line, making a great product, for REAL COMMUNICATIONS but then trying to keep up with Apple...I myself tried many times to use the iphone for the superior internet browsing & apps, but then i find that when it comes to COMMUNICATIONS the BB is far better.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:11 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
I think the bezel is terrible looking. It looks like a digital picture frame. That being said this thing is pretty damn sexy. The UI is very surprising. It looks fantastic! I'd still take an iPad 2 though.

Last edited by 65°V12; 04-17-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:25 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tarek307
The thing about RIM is they are more geared towards "Business" and if they try to go the route that Samsung for example has taken & act like an Apple Product, they will lose...So i believe they are walking a fine line, making a great product, for REAL COMMUNICATIONS but then trying to keep up with Apple...I myself tried many times to use the iphone for the superior internet browsing & apps, but then i find that when it comes to COMMUNICATIONS the BB is far better.
Ding ding ding! The whole world knows it's true, but the countless Apple fan boys on TS will never admit it.

As far as tablets go, however, I'm still waiting on Asus to release their tablet in N.America.

Last edited by STLG; 04-17-2011 at 01:28 AM.