Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Blackberry launches Playbook rival to iPad

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 04:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Question Blackberry launches Playbook rival to iPad

Really?? Do we really need more of these???
BBC News - Blackberry launches Playbook rival to iPad

Mike Lazaridis of Research in Motion outlined some of the PlayBook's key features
The company unveiled its tablet computer to much anticipation at its developer conference, DEVCON, in San Francisco.

This is the first business-centric device in the tablet market.

It is seen as a clever move by Blackberry maker Research In Motion whose smartphone is seen as the phone of choice among this sector.

'Cutting edge'

"This is one of the most exciting times in our history," said Mike Lazaridis, RIM chief executive officer.

"RIM set out to engineer the best professional-grade tablet in the industry with cutting-edge hardware features and one of the world's most robust and flexible operating systems," added Mr Lazaridis.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:03 AM
B7R
Teamspeed's TeamGreen Racer
B7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond repute
I personally will stay iPad.ing ... Don't c a need for this

Old 09-28-2010, 05:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Im weary of RIM, they just seem so far behind the curve and the last few phones. Seems like they just make phone with BBM not true smartphones. Ill get a Torch none the less, have to use BB as per company policy.
Not looking to buy a tablet at this stage, but if i wanted to get one would probably get a Samsung Galaxy Tab.

I hope it works out for RIM and they bring competition to the market

Old 09-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
The fact that this supports Flash is a huge win for them, imo. If they can keep the price down, I'd consider getting one over the iPad.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
is it just me or does it seem that all they do i wanna keep up with apple, i'm glad they are offering healthy competition but all they seem to do i try and make a phone that can compete with the iphone and now this.... i want to see them be creative enough to introduce something new to the market that apple hasn't already thought of

Old 09-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
The fact that this supports Flash is a huge win for them, imo. If they can keep the price down, I'd consider getting one over the iPad.
+1....all depends on their price when it is released

Old 09-28-2010, 09:36 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Agreed.... Come XMAS time I plan on purchasing everyone in my family a tablet (including one for myself duh). Figured the iPad, but if something else comes that is more advanced and makes more sense than paying AT&T for their sh*t service, then I'm all for it.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
i love it... the fact that it will have BBM and many other unique features to BB will make this a winner in business world. I also believe large corporations will be more comfortable allowing there employee's to use the playbook..... Apple still scares a lot of IT staffs within large companies.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
Agreed.... Come XMAS time I plan on purchasing everyone in my family a tablet (including one for myself duh). Figured the iPad, but if something else comes that is more advanced and makes more sense than paying AT&T for their sh*t service, then I'm all for it.
I don't think this will be released until early 2011 which is unfortunate.

I've been kicking around the idea of getting one of these to surf the net on and building up my desktop computer solely for photo editing. I'd probably donate my laptop to charity at that point since I wouldn't really need it anymore.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of light
A new report says the iPad's 9 inch screen is a perfect size for users to read RIMM bankruptcy filings.

Quick Reply: Blackberry launches Playbook rival to iPad