Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

65" is so 2010, try 72"

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 06:29 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
65" is so 2010, try 72"

This will be announced at the 2011 CES.

I might just have to get this baby and retire the 81F to the bedroom.

LG Newsroom

Old 12-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
I hate you

Old 12-31-2010, 11:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, full-LED 72"? I'm in love, but I'm afraid to find out the price.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bdeitemeyer
Wow, full-LED 72"? I'm in love, but I'm afraid to find out the price.
I am hoping it's under 10K.

I paid about 5K for the firt gen local dimming LED backlit Samsung 81F in 2007, and I still love the TV.

I can only imagine how much better the picture will look with the much more tightly packed LED elements from the technological progression that has been made in 4 years.

Old 01-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I can beat that.

Panasonic 150 inch Plasma. 4k resolution. Announced last year no less. There is also a 103 inch version if you want that.

If you don't know what that means- resolutions of 4096×2160. In contrast to 1080P which is 1920x1080.

Old 01-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by O2Supply
I can beat that.

Panasonic 150 inch Plasma. 4k resolution. Announced last year no less. There is also a 103 inch version if you want that.

If you don't know what that means- resolutions of 4096×2160. In contrast to 1080P which is 1920x1080.
Just curious, at this point in time what good would that resolution capability be good for?

Old 01-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by O2Supply
I can beat that.

It's still a dead technology, and you have to control ambient lights.

Not to mention, a 150" plasma probably weighs a few hundred pounds.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
xlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond repute
at this price why not screw 3d and get a projector?

Old 01-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by xlx_LFA_xlx
at this price why not screw 3d and get a projector?
Ambient light.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
I can never tell the difference between edgelit and local dim LED. I guess I am lucky in that aspect

Quick Reply: 65" is so 2010, try 72"