Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

R/C and other hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
R/C and other hobbies

Had a couple folks ask me to share pics of my r/c stuff and other hobbies, so here goes:

HPI Nitro Savage converted to 1/8 scale electric, full aluminum chassis (only bumpers and a couple minor frame items retained from the original model)

Associated B44 mid-flight (no recent shots of this guy as it's just been rebuilt after a massive crash, and is awating a new body):

HPI Cyclone S set up for drifting:

Easystar which is set up for FPV (camera gear not shown):

TRex450 SEv2, built from scratch with tons of upgrades, including a head/tail conversion from another higher quality heli (Outrage G5):

Mikrokopter (scratch built, including SMD/PCB component assembly and custom built groundstation control, used for aerial photography and FPV flight:

Version 1 of the Mikrokopter (when it was just a quad):

Old 12-28-2010, 11:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
(edit: I moved the bulk of the simpit pics to the Aviation section)

Racing/Flight Simulator:
As a racing pit:

Video: YouTube - Simulator Racing Dashboard

A10 conversion pit in progress:

Airsoft CAW M134 minigun (3000rpm, 400fps, full metal):

Now show off your hobbies and associated gear! I'd love to see what other folks are into and passionate about!!

Last edited by Smoky; 01-01-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:06 AM
Teamspeed Member
Pmogs is on a distinguished roadPmogs is on a distinguished roadPmogs is on a distinguished road
Oh wow that control box for the copter is amazing. looks like so much fun. love the rest of the toys to. you got great taste congrats

Old 12-29-2010, 12:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
That's some cool shit man, love the RC trucks had a Jato for a while that was fast as hell. Got rid of it but I should get another one.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Holy sh!t! You don't mess around man! I love what you did with the driving simulator and that minigun is badass too.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thanks!

@TTMotion: The Jato is very cool.

I looked at those for a bit. But after the Savage conversion I told myself I was done for a while. lol I can't get rid of anything anymore because then eventually I feel like I need to build something else to replace it. lol It's an addiction!

Old 12-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Rep to you sir.

I had a Mugen AWD dune buggy RC with a Jr Pro 2 channel controller in um, 1986.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:27 AM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
Fun toys! You must be a electrical engineer to figure the sim stuff out. Damn cool.

Can you share any pics you have taken from the camera set ups in the air?

Old 12-29-2010, 12:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Nice toys

Old 12-29-2010, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
Fun toys! You must be a electrical engineer to figure the sim stuff out. Damn cool.

Can you share any pics you have taken from the camera set ups in the air?
The only decent video I have at the moment was from when the Mikrokopter was a quad. The hexacopter is TONS more stable than the quad variant, as you'll see in the video. I haven't saved anything else yet, but plan to once I get a day where the wind is calm, we get a babysitter, no rain, the stars align...etc. You know how it goes. Lately if I get a moment to fly I jump on it, and all the groundstation/recording stuff gets left behind because it adds a lot of time to the launch.

YouTube - Mikrokopter dusk flight

I just recently installed a mount onto the Mikrokopter for my Hero HD, so I should have much higher (and more easily accessible) video recordings soon. The MK is actually capable of centering a camera on a pan/tilt mount with automatic gimbal control, but I haven't gone there, yet.

PS: Not an electrical engineer, just like to learn new things.

Last edited by Smoky; 12-29-2010 at 12:36 AM.