Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

R/C and other hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
Nice toys, I like the Savage conversion! Ill add mine nothing to the likes of yours but fun nonetheless, 1/10 and 1/36 Losi Highrollers

and with the lights and all aluminum done

Old 01-26-2011, 01:34 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
cool toys

Old 01-26-2011, 01:40 AM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool toys. I grew up around RC, have a bunch of helis, cars, boats. The new brushless stuff is lots of fun.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool! I need to look into this.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Nice rides Qykslvr! I like the Mini/Macro Losi pair. That's a cool idea. I've been pondering getting some of the smaller vehicles. They keep making them smaller! They came out with Microsizers a decade or so ago now and the other companies seems to keep shrinking and shrinking, almost approaching that tiny scale. That 1/36 scale is cool! That's neat stuff.

Did you paint those bodies yourself or did they come pre painted? Very clean looking. I can't paint to save my life. I've done a few bodies and them come out ok, but nothing fancy. I'm better at lighting and tuning.

I noticed you have a Black Ops Spec Ed box there...did you get the one with the r/c vehicle included?

@Ara: Yes, the Brushless tech is getting really, really neat. What impresses me most, besides the INSANE output of the brushless motors, is the runtime! I can outlast most nitro vehicles now on a single charge. My buggies run about 30-40 mins. The truck can go almost as long. And that's without going easy on the throttle. The days of a 5 minute high speed blast on electric are over! Hence the nitro-to-brushless conversion on the Savage.

Last edited by Smoky; 01-26-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
Serious toys you got there... both big and small.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Thx!

"He who dies with the most toys, wins!"

I'm aiming to win!

Old 01-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
@Smoky, Thanks! The bodies come pre-painted or clear, your choice from Losi, along with many hop-ups as with most Team Associated trucks/buggies. The lil guy is on Xceleron 8950kv brushless and only 2s LiPo right now, 3s someday lol. The only thing Ive done to the big fella is swap out the crappy losi ESC for a Traxxas XL5 waterproof one besides all the aluminum arms/turnbuckles etc (came w/ threaded oil shocks woohoo!). and a 3800mah battery. gets awesome runtime jus on upgraded battery 20+minutes of jumping/drifting in the snow.

And funny you ask about the Black Ops tin. it is actually jus something from Target, that had boxers in them. BUT i do have the RC vehicle =)
Sorry for pic heavy, jus snapped a few didnt want to resize lazy -_- lol

Camera:

Excuse the dust

Old 01-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
That's awesome! That cod truck is nifty.

I bet the little guy on 3s will make some nice speeds. Ive seen guy running the 1/16 trucks at 80mph (gps clocked). Have you clocked yours on the 2s?

Old 01-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
unfortunately no, neither myself or anyone i kno has a portable GPS or a radar gun =/ Im guessing upwards of 30mph though I can easily chase down cars on city streets