Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

[PICS]: My new Sony 3D TV and Pioneer Elite AV Receiver | HT setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond repute
Talking [PICS]: My new Sony 3D TV and Pioneer Elite AV Receiver | HT setup

My old TVs, these two pics were taken 3 yrs ago:

My new 3D TV (I'll post pics of the TV out of the box as soon as my TV stand arrives)

Need to buy the 3D kit separate though:

Pioneer Elite receiver:

Logitech Harmony 1100 touchscreen remote:

Apple TV:

Apple Remote app on iPad to control iTunes music library streaming to my home theater system:

Really cool iPhone app from Pioneer Elite to adjust various sound settings on the Receiver (PQLS, Phase Control, Listening Modes, Balance, etc):

DISH Network iPad app - stream live TV to iPad or use it as a GUI remote to control anything on your DVR/set-top-box receiver.
With this app, you can watch live NBA game, your DVR recording etc at Starbucks if you want

GT5 Collector's Edition

Old 12-22-2010, 07:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
thats a nice setup..tried that new apple tv out a few weeks ago and loved it...may have to get myself one as well...

Old 12-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Errr. Mmmmh. Yeah. That's a neat setup right there. *jealousy through the roof*

The iPad/iPhone integration is what gets me most.

Last edited by Zorro; 12-22-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome setup. Will post the one i'm putting together shortly. That is really cool though.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Hopefully in the future there will be apps available for tablets (android and windows too please).

What models were your old tv's? They looked like Pioneer Elites. If they were I am drooling. Kuro's were unbelievable. I am not entirely sold on 3d so I wish they were still in production. I got a panasonic Plasma, but maybe Pioneer will come out with an OLED... The elite receiver is baller too. Nice setup!

Old 12-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
That's awesome! What are you doing with the old stand?

Old 12-22-2010, 12:35 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I have gotta set this up asap, do you guys recommend Apple TV or the Logitech TV with Google? Can you access Pandora or netflix with apple TV?

Old 12-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
I have gotta set this up asap, do you guys recommend Apple TV or the Logitech TV with Google? Can you access Pandora or netflix with apple TV?
DJ,

If you don't have a blue-ray player yet I'd suggest a PS3. You get the utility of the Blu-ray along with streaming Netflix and Pandora. Apple TV is great but i'd almost say it'd be better to go one step further and setup a dedicated Mac Mini as a Media Server and then you'd really be rockin.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmoores
DJ,

If you don't have a blue-ray player yet I'd suggest a PS3. You get the utility of the Blu-ray along with streaming Netflix and Pandora. Apple TV is great but i'd almost say it'd be better to go one step further and setup a dedicated Mac Mini as a Media Server and then you'd really be rockin.
I have a PS3 and it's useless as a media player! For Blu-Ray, fine. Youtube you can't even view in HD, Netflix is probably/hopefully better.
Worst of all, it won't play any of the movies I have on hard drive, and is a pain to connect to the NAS.
Unless I'm doing something very wrong, it just doesn't work.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Zorro
I have a PS3 and it's useless as a media player! For Blu-Ray, fine. Youtube you can't even view in HD, Netflix is probably/hopefully better.
Worst of all, it won't play any of the movies I have on hard drive, and is a pain to connect to the NAS.
Unless I'm doing something very wrong, it just doesn't work.
I wasn't suggesting to use it as a media player. For Blu-ray and Netflix it works fine.

I was suggesting the Mac setup as a Media Player.

Quick Reply: [PICS]: My new Sony 3D TV and Pioneer Elite AV Receiver | HT setup