Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Does anyone have any of the new Shure earphones (315, 425, 535)?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone have any of the new Shure earphones (315, 425, 535)?

I just picked up a pair of Shure SE315's to use when working, and I'm having trouble getting the same level of sound isolation as I did with my old SE210's. They just don't seem as easy to shove down my ear. Anyone else have these? Am I missing something?

The sound is definitely great, and the bass response is perfect, but I still hear a decent amount of background noise.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
famoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to behold
Did they come with the changeable buds? I had to go through a few of them to find which fitted best.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by famoussas
Did they come with the changeable buds? I had to go through a few of them to find which fitted best.
They do, but I ran medium on the 210s and that was perfect. Don't think I need to go to small. It really just feels like I'm not pushing them at the right angle, because there's really nothing to push on like the old ones, which went basically straight in.

After some shoving I got them to have decent sound isolation, but not perfect. I can still hear the people next to me talking.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
famoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to behold
Are you using a traditional bud or the other sort of buds they come with? I found that the clear funnel type fitted best.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I'm using foam. I'll try to flanged one. Which model do you have?

Old 03-31-2011, 12:15 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
My post won't really help you, but I've been thinking about getting a pair of the new Shures as well (currently using 210s) but sadly the 215s don't have an armature driver like the 210s do and the 315s cost a little more than I want to spend right now.

I do know that a lot of people who upgraded from the 210s to the 310s found the 310s didn't fit as well as the 210s (resulting in less noise isolation). Perhaps the 210 to 315 upgrade poses the same problem? Maybe try getting your hands on a pair of 215s and see how that goes.