Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Earphones

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Earphones

So I'm looking to upgrade from/replace my about-to-break-completely Shure SE 210s. The most obvious options are Shure SE 215, Shure SE 310, or Shure SE 315, but the Shure SE 310 doesn't fit very well (and I'm assuming the same will be true with the 310) and the Shure SE 215s use a dynamic driver as opposed to the balanced armature driver in the SE 210s.

My experience, and understanding from what I've read online, has shown dynamic drivers to be more bass heavy and have less overall clarity than balanced armature drivers. Whether or not one is better than the other (dynamic vs balanced armature) is not really my concern; I just know that my ears prefer ba drivers.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for what earphones I could/should consider purchasing next? I would like to stay under $200 but am pretty flexible.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
May be a step down, but the BOSE IE-2's have been great. The new ear pieces fit extremely well.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GT3 KID is an unknown quantity at this point
Take a look at the Westone's...great earphones. I am about to buy a pair of Westone T1's

Old 04-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
^I've heard and read good things about both of those and they are on my list of possible things to buy.

Another option though is to wait a few weeks for the price of Shure SE530s to drop even more (since the 535s are out). I have also been considering spending the ~$500 for the 535s but it would be a pretty big hit on my wallet.

Edit: The Westone 3s are also a really great deal for $300.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
I got some Ultimate Ears. Got them on eBay for ~ $190 shipping and tax.

Ultimate Ears | The earphone choice of the world's top touring musicians

Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Earphones

Old 04-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
^I've heard and read good things about both of those and they are on my list of possible things to buy.

Another option though is to wait a few weeks for the price of Shure SE530s to drop even more (since the 535s are out). I have also been considering spending the ~$500 for the 535s but it would be a pretty big hit on my wallet.

Edit: The Westone 3s are also a really great deal for $300.
I can never go that high for earphones because I always end up damaging mine. Using them at the gym, running, sleeping, etc. For headphones i went with the BOSE QC and those feel like pillows of glorious sound. I may be a bit of a BOSE fanatic

Old 04-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Former Sponsor
SoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond repute
If you want something for the gym, Sennheiser has a sport line along with the Klipsch Image S5i and Monster Power Beats, they are made for the gym and running so you do not have to worry about destroying them.

If you want higher end, the EarSonics SM3, Grado GR8 or GR10 and Shure SE535's are great options. We have some good deals going on right now on, feel free to PM me if there is a specific pair you are interested in.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
My idiot 14 year old spent $300 bucks plus tax for some earphones for his Ipod at the Apple Store. I don't know the name of them but he is now forever known as the idiot. He'll lose them in 6 months is my guess. Great use of Christmas money is my thought

rant off

Back to your thread please

Old 04-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Sennheiser.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Stick with Shure's. I can't remember the model of the ones I've had in the past, but I have loved all of them.

Quick Reply: Earphones