Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Blackberry launches Playbook rival to iPad

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 03:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
^ But that being said, I can imagine how this device could be a massive hit among business users. If I could sit in a business meeting or negotiation and have the ability to pull up documents from a server wirelessly, that would be a massive win for me in my job. RIMM is really onto something here and they have the ins with corporations to make it work. But 3G (and probably 4G) and compatibility with business apps will be necessary to make it work. I think RIMM will kill Apple at this. The question is whether Microsoft will kill RIMM at it.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:33 AM
Teamspeed Member
rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
RIM are definitely struggling. I know a few corporate people in the UK and they're all saying how much harder it is to get a Blackberry. One guy is on $1m/year, had his Blackberry nicked and he was (granted initially) refused a replacement by his IT department ffs!! RIM have been relying too much on corporations auto-buying Blackberries for all staff members and the reality is much different now. When staff have to buy their own phone, they're buying iPhones.

I haven't regretted moving from Bold to iPhone at all... and I was a huge Blackberry fan...

Will be sticking to iPad for work and pleasure I think.