Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

New Thinkpad, Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
New Thinkpad, Part 2

OK, apparently I might be better off with the W510.

I looked at the dimension, and it is the same thickness as my T61p, so no biggie. It is wider and shorter though, because of the 15.4" screen versus the 15.1" on the T61p.

More importantly, I can stick 16G of RAM in the W510!

16G of RAM plus SSD, plus discrete 1G video card and the new i7, and finally having a computer with all solid state data transfer.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
But why do you need 16GB in a notebook?

Old 09-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by calypso
But why do you need 16GB in a notebook?
It's never about need now is it?

Old 09-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
True, ill stop grumbling and get some more now. Dont wanna feel outdone. :P

Old 09-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by calypso
True, ill stop grumbling and get some more now. Dont wanna feel outdone. :P
Don't feel bad, some crazy nerds are outfitting theirs with, get this, four sticks of 8G.

A W510 with 32G of RAM and SSD, I can't even imagine.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:53 AM
gsc
Teamspeed Junior Member
gsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant future
That is insane. I have a T410S and its fast enough with the I5 and SSD. That 510 is going to blaze..

Old 09-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
510 is great if you need the screen size if not go 410, both IMO the best Windows based LT's out there.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute
32GB in a laptop is hilarious. My exchange server has 32GB of RAM...

Sounds like your laptop will scream Andy. Enjoy!